The Electric Vehicle Thread

by adjusting you mean driving at exaclty 56 miles an hour, no air con, and listening to the radio on your phone, no passengers, with the windows up to avoid drag, and absolutely nothing in the boot or back

1 Like

The focus now has switched from providing grants for EVs to better infrastructure

What car did you go for, and are you happy with it?

I got a Golf GTE. It was great value at the time because of the grants and the fact that VW couldn’t give their cars away at the time due to the emissions scandal. Best car I’ve ever driven. 140k on the clock now and I’ll keep it until it packs it in.

3 Likes

20k a year. You are hardly driving it.
Did you get a bright orange colour for the deal?

I did yeah.

1 Like

A shit of a yoke then.

That sounds very like @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

1 Like

Nah my good mate @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy knows his onions. Probably

1 Like

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2023/0523/1385022-new-electric-cars-13-more-expensive-than-last-year/

Games gone

2 Likes

Twice in a week people have quoted rowan atkinson on here. What gives guys

I sat through about 30 seconds of Mr Bean by accident yesterday. It was terrible.

1 Like

Average comedian, climate and hate speech guru

A guy with a degree in Engineering, of course you’d hate him, cabbage head.

1 Like

A degree?

That’s fairly damning re EVs but full of hope.

Will we see a row back from the Greens like we did with diesel.

EVs are a cod lads. Ditch the diesels for general driving, stick to it for agricultural and commercial use. Petrol ICEs will be staying around with new fuels by the end of the decade.

1 Like

Whats your background on this subject

Which car companies are investing in ICE

VW (Audi), Mercedes, Renault (Alpine), Fiat (Ferrari), Honda, Ford (with Red Bull) and possibly GM (Cadalliac/Andretti) working with Shell, Esso, Petronas and Amarmco. If this goal is achieve the fuel has to be able to drop into current road petrol cars. Replacing fossil fuels. Will be a big win for the planet. Multi billion Dollar car companies and evil oil companies in top level competition.

3 Likes