The Electric Vehicle Thread

Should Def be allowed but it’s not

Would think a good chance of success if challenged

1 Like

Ok, building a house. PV panels on roof. Will have electric car (fully electric)
What’s the best option for company, plan, etc?

For what? Electricity?

Go on bonkers and do a comparison. It will vary depending on your needs but from what I can see no one should be on a flat rate plan.

We’ve just changed to Bord Gais. 8c per unit 2-5am. My wife drives a very petrol hungry PHEV and she should be able to do all her driving (bar the occasional longer drive outside the Pale) using electricity from that window. About a fifth of what the equivalent petrol cost is. Not to mention the positive environmental impact.

I’m hoping someone will just tell me what to do tbh.

2 Likes

Not much better around than Energia EV tariff at the moment, also best priced FIT

2 Likes
1 Like

https://www.rte.ie/lifestyle/motors/2023/1208/1420976-chinese-company-byd-to-launch-sub-26-000-electric-car-here/

1 Like

Why was there such a massive depreciation in the value of electric cars this year?

Adrian Weckler: Why bright sparks who switched to electric cars — as I did — are in a state of shock | Independent.ie

the first bunch of EVs that people bought a few years back are now on the market?

I know Tesla did introduce price cuts on new models, so that’s possibly have a trickle down effect on the price of 2nd hand cars?

No warranty

Cost of repair

Dealers don’t want them

1 Like

Why no warranty?

It’s mostly levelling out to the longer term average.

For a while in 2022 there were shortages and long lead times so some people were selling 6 month old cars for more than what they’d paid or non-main dealer garages were buying cars and immediately putting them on the market with a €5k mark up.

Supply has now caught up and Tesla also cut prices which has brought further downward pressure on used prices.

It’s a bloodbath in the EV market.

The smart and ballsy guys are buying them.

thank you mate

my advocacy works

1 Like

I bought two on your advice and sold one on @cluaindiuic’s advice.

On a second hand unit?

How do you warranty a wearing part? Motors & Batteries don’t get warranty on used cars….

From what age though? I expected that these are recent purchases within last 2 or 3 years.

Warranty on older units not expected… Do they give a 3 month from the garage?