The Electric Vehicle Thread

When you upgrade to a EV with lithium batteries you will run risk of dying screaming in a thermal runaway.

That never happened.

Sssssshhhhhhh

Let him find out for himself mate

1 Like

http://www.wthr.com/article/one-person-killed-in-crash-north-of-downtown

Good luck getting cut out of a tesla - what wires can a firefighter safely cut

https://www.google.ie/amp/www.cnbc.com/amp/2016/09/08/dutchman-dies-in-tesla-crash-firefighters-feared-electrocution.html

That happened.

Christ, a nuclear powered car would be safer. You’d want your head examined to be sitting into these deathtraps.

Did @cluaindiuic survive the m50?

I tell you what there was serious wind and rain as we had the little test run. If it can survive that it can survive anything.

1 Like

Leave it parked outside the Spots and see where it ends up the night of a Rower club game. Only then will you know what it can survive

I have to be honest, I’d be reluctant to do that.

Doubt you’d get a flat nail into the ignition, link would never be fit to start it

Then you’ll never know

A flat O’Neill?

That O Neill cunt wouldn’t hurls spuds to a duck

My new Ioniq is the business. Delighted with how everything has worked out. Had the home charger installed yesterday. We’re averaging about 180-200km a charge but we’re still playing with finding our optimum speeds and routes. Plus it being winter has an impact on the range. I’d expect to be able to get to maybe 240+ when the temperatures pick up a little.

My poor old Octavia is gathering dust.

4 Likes

How long does a full charge take?

Are you selling the Octavia?

1 Like

Had a look there they look well anyway. I’d expected something more like a sewing machine tbh

Suppose it’s completely unknown as yet what resale value they will have? Is there a finite life on the battery?

Nope, we’ll need a second car on occasion.

And any trek to somewhere remote would be difficult in the Ioniq as the current fast charging network stands. Will become easier over time. The Octavia won’t cost too much sitting there doing nothing. If we don’t use it at all in the next few months it’d probably make sense to maybe trade back to something cheaper and smaller. But I think it’ll be used sparingly.