The Electric Vehicle Thread

I can barely see out the back window with the Ukrainian and Palestinian ones as it is

3 Likes

I know, Iā€™ve seen you pulled up outside Morrisseyā€™s

Apart from the cost of these machines to the buyers thereā€™s quite a considerable outlay for garages as well. Our local garage lad was telling me that heā€™s starting to see an occasional one arriving in to be serviced now.

Heā€™s had to make a big investment for same. His ordinary tools wonā€™t do so he has to have a complete new set capable of dealing with 1000 volts , spannerā€™s , sockets, the works. Special mat for them to park on whilst in the shop.

Mechanics donā€™t want to evolve lads, scrap
EVs immediately to save them the trouble.

Fucking hell

3 Likes

Prick.

What does a service involve

Not much

Blowing in the plug

1 Like

Ricky Gervais Lol GIF

2 Likes

Mostly replacing shock absorbers, brake discs, etc.

The weight of the battery and the state of roads here mean quite a turnover of them. He also reckons they go thru tyres fairly quick.

That was all included on his dealer package & subsidised.

He is also sole selling dealer for a considerable area so heā€™s creaming it in sales & margins.

He is also charging a small fortune to service said cars at a considerably lower labour time.

He also doesnā€™t have to pay for removal of used oils etcā€¦

3 Likes

Correct on tyres.

Iā€™ll be sticking to diesel for the foreseeable.

Heā€™s not a dealer. Doesnā€™t sell any vehicles, just services and repairs.

Would you pick up a year old ID4 for a song ?

1 Like

Tyres is definitely an issueā€¦. But on many fronts.

Weight of EVā€™s definitely an issue but not all EVā€™s are tank size & weight.

Most of those whinging incessantly about tyre wear on their EV or Cage are buying shit tyres at budget prices.

A large percentage of population are useless drivers and destroy tyres with their inept driving style/ability

2 Likes

Liesā€¦ā€¦

Have you looked?

Why? This lad has never bothered with car sales. Heā€™s happy out for the last 30 yrs just operating as a garage.

Good operator and mechanic,

We have a very high proportion of people who tap on their brakes every two seconds ā€¦

1 Like

Yes

1 Like