The Electric Vehicle Thread

Luddite

If you do PCP they calculate the repayments based on a guaranteed minimum future value based on term of your plan.

Something seems off here.

https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/volkswagen/id-5/fpa/3582067?journey=Search

Is this daycent value ?

Its an suv mate

I bought a Hyundai Ioniq on hire purchase(not PCP) in January 2017. With the various grants and scrappage deals we did well out of it.

I traded that against a Kia eNiro in July 2020. My monthly repayments marginally increased but the value of the Ioniq I got in exchange was more than what remained on the loan. So no issue.

Same story when we traded in the eNiro for the car we have now.

This may be more an issue with this person making a bollox of PCP than anything specific to EV. I’ve never bought a car through PCP. Any time I looked into it made it seem to me that the deck was stacked in favour of the dealer. Shock horror. Limits on mileage and all manner of terms and conditions. Keep it simple, stupid.

4 Likes

Good information there.

From reading the market it seems there was definitely a jump in EV prices in 2022 and 2023, did you not see this price jump when you replaced the eNiro?

He went back to a fossil fuel earth killing SUV

1 Like

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2024/0214/1432258-cso-new-car-sales/

New figures from the Central Statistics Office show that the number of new cars licensed in January 2024 rose by 24% to 20,861 from 16,787 the same month last year.

The CSO said today’s figures show the continued growth in the number of electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles licensed here as the number of new electric cars licensed increased by 12% from 2,531 in January last year to 2,829 in January of this year.

However, electric cars made up a slightly lower percentage of all new cars licensed for the first time in January this year - 14% compared to 15% in January last year.

Today’s CSO figures also reveal that 6,119 new cars licensed were petrol in January 2024, up from 5,819 in January 2023, while 4,337 new diesel cars were licensed in January compared with 3,427 the same time last year.

TAX the lot of them

1 Like

They’re already taxed mate, pretty punitively

2 Likes

treble it

1 Like

They are already bending over for the government

this is all remarkably similar to when vendors did a lot of cheap deals to sell off stagecoaches 125 years ago just as the car was becoming popular

3 Likes

Tax the companies offering cheap credit, not the consumer

Tax the drivers of diesels until their pips squeak.
I’d imagine the providers of “cheap credit” provide a similar service for EVs?

Wheres the best place or brand of fast charger cables?

Only realised i only have the slow charger (smaller) cable amd a connector for a 3 pin plug

arent fast charger cables attached to fast chargers?

Why do we need to charge fast guys? Maybe you need to slow down and breathe

Ive no idea im new to this

A type 2 charger i think. Ive only a type i cable

ive a slow charger at home & the cable for that

all the fast chargers ive ever used have the cable attached

Hate to be a pendant with such an EVangelist but a fast charger is one that charges up to 22kw. They aren’t very fast but I guess they are faster than three pin. For those you typically need your own Type 2 cable.

Rapid chargers are those above 22kw and will have a cable attached.

@Heyyoubehindthebushes get a Type 2 cable from Micks Garage or somewhere like that.

1 Like