The Electric Vehicle Thread

Donā€™t get so defensive. Brand new cars shouldnā€™t be in and out of the garage all the time. You buy a brand new car so thereā€™s no issues.

1 Like

Cost of charging puts the brakes on Britainā€™s electric car switch

well done Eamon Ryan on keeping it at .52cents in Ireland

A dispute has arisen between two close neighbours regarding the noise created by one of their electric cars whilst charging at night. Keeping people awake.

I had to check there as I was unaware but seeming cooling fans turn on and can cause a bit of a whining noise. Depending on xyz.

Itā€™s getting quiet serious but itā€™s a company car and there isnā€™t much the other lad can do about it.

Ive never heard an ev charge make a noise

1 Like

Are you being serious?
Itā€™s well known issue.

https://www.ford.com/support/how-tos/electric-vehicles/home-charging/why-does-my-all-electric-vehicle-make-noise-while-charging/

Yes, home chargers dont make noise

Itā€™s the car that makes the noise.

Whixh EVs make a noise charging

Is Whixh a new brand of EV?

Have a google and educate yourself.

Thereā€™s a setting within the car that can control the intensity of the cooling fans while charging. If he bothered to look it could be resolved in an instant

1 Like

Could he put a timer switch on the plug to make sure it comes on at say 2 in the morning when people are unlikely to be kept awake by it?

Living in an urban area must be awful

1 Like

The fans cool the battery, so if you turn down the fans the charging period will increase. Iā€™m sure theyā€™ve looked at that.

It has its advantages. Some people donā€™t even need a car.

Can you imagine that?

2 Likes

What?

signing in

How do you get where you want to go?

either fixie or ebike