The English Premier League 2016/17™

Tragedy and misfortune are not the same thing, pal.

If your flight to Manchester to see your heroes play is cancelled due to fog and you miss the match as a result, that’s a misfortune.

It’s not a tragedy.

A player’s career being cut short due to injury, while no doubt deeply disappointing to the player in question, does not constitute a tragedy.

Steve Coppell played top level association football for eight years and following his retirement, picked himself up and went to on to have a successful career in club management.

The vast majority of people who have ever been involved in association football would have unhesitatingly jumped at the chance to enjoy such a career in the game.

Duncan Edwards and Liam Whelan, to name but two, had they had the choice.

Again mate, I’m not engaging in wordplay with you just to confirm that misfortune is indeed a synonym of tragedy.
I’m happy to confirm that it was misfortunate to get the injury that tragically cut short his career when he was in his prime.

I didnt eat, I am hungry

Some terrible goalkeeping from Mannone for Sunderland today

That’s not the question I asked. I didn’t ask you anything Pocchetino, what I asked you was to clarify the very divergent comments on Spurs strength in depth that you expressed on 27 August 2016 to what you said about Spurs strength in depth just four and a half months later on 14 January 2017.

Classic @Nembo_Kid tactics when clamped to move the goalposts and answer a different question.

I’ll go again. On 27 August 2016, you said

On 14 January 2017, you said:

Why don’t you practice what you were preaching yesterday.

1 Like

I’ve already clarified I was putting it out for discussion so the context of your aggressive line of questioning makes no sense.

1 Like

I’m sorry you find my line of questioning aggressive. If you can’t handle the heat maybe you should get out of the kitchen.

I don’t mind your aggressive line of question when it has a basis.

It doesn’t have a basis to be raised though.

Appearances of Academy graduates by the big EPL 6 this season:

Chelsea 16
Man Utd 27
Arsenal 23
Man City 0
Spurs 31
Liverpool 2

3 Likes

Damning stuff

1 Like

The KOKs reckon that Klopp has been reliant on kids his season.

Clearly another fallacy they have created.

1 Like

Twelve hours ago you were hailing yourself a warrior. Now you’re bleating about an aggressive line of questioning after I’ve given you a clamping.

You’re imagining things, mate.

All I have done is point out the irrelevance of the questions you posed. You seem to have massive problems staying on topic before diverging into spiteful barbs. A really poor sign when someone is attempting to form a coherent argument.

Sweep, sweep. You’re a beaten docket. You deem my questions irrelevant as they constitute a clamping of you.

You posted comments four months apart which were polar opposites and contradictory. I’ve asked you for clarification any number of times, but you refuse to address the question and persist in stonewalling and won’t provide any basis for your flip flopping.

27 August 2016

14 January 2017

Irrelevant, Geoff.

You asked me if I thought it was the strongest squad or whether I was putting it out for discussion.

I clarified I was putting it out there for discussion. Do you have selective amnesia or are you just acting out because I’m a superior debater to you?

You also said yesterday that you think all of the top 6 teams have similar quality in terms of squads

I do.

You thought a few months ago that they were “ordinary and had nothing in depth”. You’re admitting you were wrong so?

No, as I have stated numerous times. I don’t think there is any exceptionally strong teams in the EPL at present. There is little between the top 6 teams, some have more quality than the other, some have more depth than the other.

What you are looking for is not there.