The English Premier League 2016/17™

You’re imagining things, mate.

All I have done is point out the irrelevance of the questions you posed. You seem to have massive problems staying on topic before diverging into spiteful barbs. A really poor sign when someone is attempting to form a coherent argument.

Sweep, sweep. You’re a beaten docket. You deem my questions irrelevant as they constitute a clamping of you.

You posted comments four months apart which were polar opposites and contradictory. I’ve asked you for clarification any number of times, but you refuse to address the question and persist in stonewalling and won’t provide any basis for your flip flopping.

27 August 2016

14 January 2017

Irrelevant, Geoff.

You asked me if I thought it was the strongest squad or whether I was putting it out for discussion.

I clarified I was putting it out there for discussion. Do you have selective amnesia or are you just acting out because I’m a superior debater to you?

You also said yesterday that you think all of the top 6 teams have similar quality in terms of squads

I do.

You thought a few months ago that they were “ordinary and had nothing in depth”. You’re admitting you were wrong so?

No, as I have stated numerous times. I don’t think there is any exceptionally strong teams in the EPL at present. There is little between the top 6 teams, some have more quality than the other, some have more depth than the other.

What you are looking for is not there.

So Chelsea are ordinary then in your opinion?

I think they are certainly lacking in depth in certain positions, I think once they pick up a few injuries at the one time they will be posed some serious questions. Ivanovic and Terry are finished, Chalobah, Loftus-Cheek, Batshuayi etc are all unproven. The only real players on the bench when the squad is at full strength you’d have faith in is Fabregas and Pedro/Willian.

They don’t have cover for Alonso and Moses.

Yes, its the only inference that can be drawn from such wildly divergent comments. What he had to say on Spurs and their strength in depth yesterday was that he called it wrong four months ago when he said they had little or no strength in depth. Apparently now Spurs have a lot of strength in depth, possibly even the most in the league.

Am I misunderstanding something here?

Asking “have Spurs the best squad in the league?” is a question. It’s not a statement or view that Spurs have the best squad in the league.

Never said that and I’ve clarified that for you a number of times.

Are you suffering from selective amnesia?

Yes but saying that he thinks that all of the top 6 are similar in quality is a statement

Yes and can you show a contradictory statement where I said there is one outstanding squad in the league this season?

You were clearly comparing Spurs to Liverpool in that post. That’s why you said Liverpool should win

1 Like

I said Spurs had a weak bench for that game, they were missing a host of players.

I made a comment on a match.

You said they were ordinary and had no depth. That clearly implies that you think their starting team was also ordinary

1 Like

I believe @GeoffreyBoycott stated at the start of the season that that the Jews had bought poorly & their squad was weak. I’m open to correction but did he not say Wanyama was an average purchase along with Sissoko?

Yes and @GeoffreyBoycott still thinks that their squad isn’t great in depth but I’m not sure he ever questioned the first team which was always good when all their players were fit. Anyway, the problem isn’t that he was wrong, its that he’ll never admit to being wrong no matter what the evidence

They were missing two players for that match, Lloris and Dembele. Is two players a host?

Starting XI (v LIverpool 27/08/2016): Vorm, Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose, Dier, Wanyama, Lamela, Alli, Eriksen, Kane
Subs Used: Janssen, Winks, Onomoah
Subs Unused: Son, McGee, Carter-Vickers, Davies

Erik Lamela who played against Liverpool back in August was absent yesterday, as he has been for the last three months and is a huge loss. Not much difference in personnel or strength from the match day 18 that faced West Brom yesterday to that which faced Liverpool back in August,

Starting XI (v West Brom 14/01/2017): Lloris, Dier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Walker, Wanyama, Dembélé, Rose, Eriksen, Alli, Kane
Subs Used: Davies, Winks, Son
Subs Unused: Vorm, Nkoudou, Trippier, Sissoko