The English Premier League 2016/17™

For him it was.

Coppell suffered what is called a misfortune or a disappointment, not a tragedy.

I would have thought that of all clubs, a supporter of Manchester United would be able to tell the difference between a tragedy and a misfortune befalling a player.

Although perhaps not the Johnny come latelys who aren’t aware of the club’s history, as @GeoffreyBoycott says.

2 Likes

I don’t let bullshit pass uncontested.

I’m a warrior.

Course you are.

As a United fan for longer than your existence on this earth I’m always acutely aware of the Munich Air Disaster pal.
Surprisingly the fact that misfortune is a synonym of tragedy seems to have gone unnoticed by pendants such as you goodself and jeff shitty togs.

1 Like

You call out bullshit in the sense you talk it.

For the bullshitter, however, all these bets are off: he is neither on the side of the true nor on the side of the false. His eye is not on the facts at all, as the eyes of the honest man and of the liar are, except insofar as they may be pertinent to his interest in getting away with what he says. He does not care whether the things he says describe reality correctly. He just picks them out, or makes them up, to suit his purpose.

2 Likes

That’s fucking uncanny mate. I guess there is a type, I just thought that he was a bit of an odd ball who spends way too much time watching football and worrying about his imagined reputation.
Either way it’s gone way beyond boring, I’d put it on ignore if I could.

1 Like

Tragedy and misfortune are not the same thing, pal.

If your flight to Manchester to see your heroes play is cancelled due to fog and you miss the match as a result, that’s a misfortune.

It’s not a tragedy.

A player’s career being cut short due to injury, while no doubt deeply disappointing to the player in question, does not constitute a tragedy.

Steve Coppell played top level association football for eight years and following his retirement, picked himself up and went to on to have a successful career in club management.

The vast majority of people who have ever been involved in association football would have unhesitatingly jumped at the chance to enjoy such a career in the game.

Duncan Edwards and Liam Whelan, to name but two, had they had the choice.

Again mate, I’m not engaging in wordplay with you just to confirm that misfortune is indeed a synonym of tragedy.
I’m happy to confirm that it was misfortunate to get the injury that tragically cut short his career when he was in his prime.

I didnt eat, I am hungry

Some terrible goalkeeping from Mannone for Sunderland today

That’s not the question I asked. I didn’t ask you anything Pocchetino, what I asked you was to clarify the very divergent comments on Spurs strength in depth that you expressed on 27 August 2016 to what you said about Spurs strength in depth just four and a half months later on 14 January 2017.

Classic @Nembo_Kid tactics when clamped to move the goalposts and answer a different question.

I’ll go again. On 27 August 2016, you said

On 14 January 2017, you said:

Why don’t you practice what you were preaching yesterday.

1 Like

I’ve already clarified I was putting it out for discussion so the context of your aggressive line of questioning makes no sense.

1 Like

I’m sorry you find my line of questioning aggressive. If you can’t handle the heat maybe you should get out of the kitchen.

I don’t mind your aggressive line of question when it has a basis.

It doesn’t have a basis to be raised though.

Appearances of Academy graduates by the big EPL 6 this season:

Chelsea 16
Man Utd 27
Arsenal 23
Man City 0
Spurs 31
Liverpool 2

3 Likes

Damning stuff

1 Like

The KOKs reckon that Klopp has been reliant on kids his season.

Clearly another fallacy they have created.

1 Like

Twelve hours ago you were hailing yourself a warrior. Now you’re bleating about an aggressive line of questioning after I’ve given you a clamping.