The Galway Criticism Thread

The hole in the wall is a shithole mate

Indeed it is mate we were on a stag it didnt matter

3 Likes

The dundons have taken over The Lantern in ballybane. Worth a look

3 Likes

O connells on eyre square would be ideal for ye I’d say. May well lay on a bbq at request. Mainly locals.
On the minus side, most of the ed sheelin Galway girl video was made in there by the looks.
It’s a grand spot though.

The hole in the wall was the only place you’d get served aged 15 when I was growing up.

Ed Sheerins video was filmed in O’Connors of Salthill. Lovely pub.

The Skeff and the Quays would be a good bet for a stag. Check if the dogs are on that weekend, only a short walk from Eyre square. Good laugh for a stag.

1 Like

Ah right. My Bro said o connors in the square a lot of it.

Here are the ‘Stag friendly’** pubs. Skeff, An Pucan, Daíl bar, Fibbers, Quays, Front Door, Bar Seven, Monroes, 17-20 (formerly The Spanish Arch, Buskers. They are all much of a muchness to be honest and would all do food too. If it’s in December there’s likely to be a German style beerhall in Eyre Square for the Christmas market, it’s a bit of a rip off to be honest and closes at 10 I think but something different if that floats your boat.
The likes of Garveys/O Connells/Taafes would have a low tolerance threshold for a Stag and you’d be fucked out at the first sign of someone acting the bollox.
The smaller pubs then tend to have a No Stag policy altogether, Freeneys, Murphys etc

**Bear in mind that Galway is a lot less stag friendly as it used to be

2 Likes

I’ll put a pint in the tap for anyone who can correctly guess what my last bartab came to here

Good man. Is there a night club up there? Quays or Roisin dubh is it?

You are both right

Quays has a late night music venue upstairs as has Monroes usually about a tenner entry. The Roisin Dubh is a late bar. more of a student/hipster crowd, not really a Stag venue

The only nightclubs worth considering are Halo or Electric but very minimal chance of a group of druken headers getting in. If you do want a nighclub the Stock Exchange on Shop Street is your safest bet

1 Like

590 euro

Go again

1130€ and another 50 for the damage to a door and a broken chair?

Getting closer

1479€ and they made you pay to have the jacks steam cleaned with the power hose?

Wrong. That’s 3 strikes buddy, no pint for you