The Galway Criticism Thread

I will report later

I’d imagine not having to go through Clarinbridge will be a massive plus.

Of course, safely bypassing the entire county of Clare will still remain the M18’s great gift to the Irish people.

2 Likes

Have the sneaky Bannermen not fucked with their water table to ensure some of it remains flooded from November-March and you’d have to go in to the wild?

Had to go through Crusheen last week. Shudder

:dart:

Haven’t been up that road in a good few months now. The cheeky pricks. :open_mouth:

Tourists and older NOGRA types can often be sauntering along for Gort onwards at about 70km/hr. Avoiding them is another bonus

1 Like

Often neglecting a generous hard-shoulder to their left hand side and instead electing to drive as close to the centre-line as possible.

That stretch from Gort to Galway was the bane of my life for a couple of years, particularly after jetting through the Roasterreich in 10 minutes.

6 Likes

:clap::clap::clap:

I’m actually in west Galway on intranational business today, but I’ll be home before the motorway opens. Whatever about a motorway Galway badly needs a ring road. An hour of my life this morning lost to driving through the city when I had no need to. I’ll say a tearful goodbye to the soon to be forgotten towns between Galway and Gort on my way home. First motorway service station to open between the two will make a killing. Nowhere convenient to stop now once it’s open. A fair few business will be quenched on the route as well.
I’d imagine it won’t do too much for the journey to Galway in rush hour, it’ll just dump everyone into Galway at the one point. Great for the non business owners between Gort and Galway who’ll get their towns back and it’ll be great for anyone going beyond Galway from Limerick to the likes of Mayo or whatever and vice versa. That’ll be where the real saving is.
As per normal it’s pissing in Galway. Fucking grim place in the rain

1 Like

It opens up Mayo as a weekend destination from Limerick. I plan on doing some kms to get to lower band BIK

Supermacs Pat had his planning application knocked back for a site between Ennis and Gort. Serious jockeying for position between himself and Applegreen for who gets in there.

he’ll need to put a lot more in the envelope

1 Like

May not experience the motorway yet today lads. Car went into limp mode en route to Galway. One of the fuel injectors went. Currently in Mother Hubbards while a mechanic is working on it. Peak roasterdom

I think I’m in deep NOGRA country here @KinvarasPassion ?

Are you in Kilcolgan mate? Nip across to Rafterys for food instead of MH’s if you’re hungry.

1 Like

Kilcolgan pal. The friendly mechanic said to hop into Mother Hubbards as he’s going to work on the car through his lunch to get me back on the road and he’d pop in to let me know when I can hit the road.

I just got a sandwich. Steered clear of the carvery.

I’ve been treated well in NOGRA country. NOGRA and the Tipp clique are more alike than we sometimes let on. Salt of the earth characters, willing to help out their fellow man in their hour of need

:rofl:

Hold off on the above until Ken hands you the bill mate.

7 Likes

You get a lovely variety of greys in Galway. Free like for the first to guess the location

1 Like

Furbo?

3 Likes