The Galway Criticism Thread

The motorway is some job — All the way to Athenry from Limerick in 50 minutes… The state of the Cork/Limerick road in comparison — riddled with fear coming home last night after drinking a bottle of gin the night before… Charleville to Mallow is an awful road.

2 Likes

We didn’t even need that stretch. Limerick - Cork would have been far better investment.

It could be a long wait. A motorway into Cork is going to need a new northern link road for Cork city

You’d take a stretch of road that bypasses Charleville Buttevant Mallow for now and you can join up with the current road far side of Mallow…

There should be no roads into or out of cork

1 Like

They should build a motorway from Limerick to Mitchelstown, where it would meet up with the M8. Only 60km through bog farms. You could then Link that to Waterford and the country would be done.
TFK could save the country a fortune

3 Likes

Acceptable.

What’s the current plan?

Same run as the existing N20 I’d imagine.

Will it be ready in time for the 2027 RWC?

3 Likes

Already ruled out, cant bring all major traffic into Cork on the one route.

Interesting. I drove that route a few weeks ago and was wondering why they didn’t just do that route.

A new north ring for cork city should be built, stretching from a few miles up the Dublin motorway around to Carrigrohane. The hill country north of cork city could be a problem however.

It is. I was on it about a month away travelling from Galway to Waterford. Galway to Limerick in under an hour, then forever meandering along shit roads between Limerick and Waterford, going through places Pallasgreen, Tipp Town, Bansha and Carrick on Sewer.

The tunnel is already completely not fit for purpose

1 Like

The big wheel is banjaxed on opening night with the gut of 50 ppl stuck in it

6 Likes

It must lonely round the fields of Athenry at the moment, what with first Apple and now Galway GAA pulling out of developments in the area.

1 Like

No need for a training centre after you’ve won the all Ireland.

6 Likes

A lot of counties who are shit have lovely training centres.

Offaly just built a lovely one. All paid off too with @Bandage’s golf buddy playing a major part in the fundraising

1 Like