The Galway Criticism Thread

:joy::joy::joy:

I drew a kick on it outside Conoles pub a few weeks ago, put a serious dent in it. No way was it the real one.

2 Likes

Galway is unreal. I had a few pints in the shefflington arms. Then the quays and Naughtons. Had an unreal meal in McDonaghs then. Unreal unbelievable.

3 raw oysters and 3 cooked ones.

You will find love .

Winnifred clumsily steps from the shower, has a quick glance in the mirror, likes what she sees and starts to apply some moisturiser. A quick shiver and she remarks yet again how fucking freezing this house is.

But it’s not all bad… It’s taken here a while to settle here but she’s met some good people and Doughiska has a real sense of community about it. Things she never imagined possible have landed in her lap of late, being asked to read at Christmas mass, some regular hours at work at last and finally getting her own place away from her lunatic family. But alas there’s a gap, male companionship has been non existent since arriving in Ireland… There have been some black guys who have shown interest but she wants more… She didn’t move here to date niggas. She slowly squeezes into her pencil skirt, rubs her hands along her thighs has another smiling glance in the mirror and calls a cab. She has a good feeling about tonight.

6 Likes

The pride of Galway’s middle class there on the news.

Mary Fahy has her hands full these days

"College students in Galway are becoming drug dealers as a means of funding their way through college, a court has been told.

“It reminds me of ‘Breaking Bad’,” Judge Mary Fahy said at Galway District Court after hearing evidence against three NUIG students who, in separate and unrelated cases, pleaded guilty to drug dealing offences.

The last of the three students to be dealt with by the court was third year mechanical engineering student, Fintan Canavan (22), with an address in student accommodation at Dun na Coiribe, Headford Road, Galway, who received a six-month prison sentence.

He pleaded guilty to having €4,080 worth of cannabis for sale or supply to others on March 25, 2016."

1 Like

Fuck sake what was young Fintan at?

2 Likes

His parents will be mortified.

1 Like

@Tassotti must be up the walls with the stress

He didn’t lick it off a stone

1 Like

Galwegians, where in town would a fella buy a new battery for a phone? Samsung 4 I think. Cc @Lazarus @Sidney @Cicero_Dandi @KinvarasPassion

EP up the stairs on Eglington Street

2 Likes

You could try that Fonez shop in Corbett Court shopping centre.

1 Like

I preferred it when it was a snooker hall.

In Galway here. I must say I enjoyed Jimmy Higgins Juke Box on Galway Bay FM. I guessed the answer to the quiz too - Norman Wisdom.

It’s some city in fairness. 4pm on a Sunday afternoon the place was wedged. You could barely make it down Shop St such was the volume of people.

2 Likes

All drunk out of their head or busking on the street.

3 threads you’ve posted on about being in Galway now. What is it you’re looking for really?

1 Like