The Galway Criticism Thread

(1) Thomas Bibby on Twitter: “People in Galway might be interested in this report from the Limerick Leader, 2nd July 2008 about the Limerick tunnel, and a photo of the road the tunnel bypassed on 30th September 2020, at 3:25pm, a decade after the tunnel opened. We didn’t get our pedestrianisation, either. https://t.co/0CNKdecuBI” / Twitter

Is Thomas saying that an extra 23000 cars should be going through the dock road?

2 Likes

We want cars out of the city.

Grand, we’ll build a bypass

No, not allowed do that either

Cunts

2 Likes

i dont think so mate

build another bypass mate, the first one was so successful they want to build another one*

*not 100% sure if correct

The M50 should be turned into Ireland’s equivalent of the Champs Elysees.

High quality, high density housing on each side of it six or seven storeys high. Wide pavements for walking. A linear tree lined park running down the centre of it, with a Luas line down the very centre of the park, like you see in places like Poland. One lane of cager traffic either way preserved.

The present junctions to be transformed into key public transport interchanges.

1 Like

CEO of Galway Chamber says “mountains must be moved” to get Ring Road back on track - Galway Bay FM

FAO of @padjo - this dude also operates car parks :slight_smile: in the city

People need to travel in that road to access the city center. It’s very busy from 8am - 9am and 5pm - 6pm. Outside of those times the tunnel works as it should. They fucked up by listening to the residents of SouthHill and blocking access from the M20 to the city center. Instead they funneled all that traffic back down to the Dock Road.

The Limerick tunnel is a great success. It keeps thousands of cars out of the city. No surprise to see humanity and progress hating greens despise it.

3 Likes

have you read the Limerick thread mate

90% of it is the @limericks yammering on about “being stuck in traffic”

Why would he read a limerick thread? A love of funny friday poetry?

there was a young dolt who was a cager

@padjo - next line please

Drinking cider like he was a teenager
The green and white cap - JP is God
ROD ROD ROD
It’s @Copper_pipe I’d wager

1 Like

Fighting talk

Not to mention all the extra trucks. No trucks in that photo btw Thomas.

The urban middle class want to stop the proles driving around and menacing their leisurely cycle. Vote green.

1 Like

Us boghands have unofficially started digging the new ring road as of last week. I personally chipped in on multiple lunch breaks.

3 Likes

I’ve been driving up to Menlo the past few evenings, slipping into the fields behind Monument Road and catching Horseshoe Bats with a long net. It’s only a matter of time before we get the ring road.

5 Likes

The bog cotton is absolutely shitting itself

What bog cotton?

1 Like