The Glastonbury Thread

A belting version of Don’t Look Back In Anger on BBC2 here

Macca looks and sounds great.

He’d want to start playing a few hits

There’s folk standing in a field listening to an 80 year old man spouting shite.

Whatever you’re at tonight lads, remember there’s so much more people out there who are worse off than you.

1 Like

All the stories he must have, and that’s the one he recounts

1 Like

Is he gone senile? You can barely hear him above the instruments as well. Some poor fuckers probably standing in the front row since 6am have been rightly mugged off

I went to The Killers last week.

On my doorstep. Free tickets.

Absolute hell.

2 Likes

I saw him, it must be 15 years ago, in the RDS. Similar gig to this. Not bad, somewhat anodyne. One thing he did that night that struck me on the night he just did again. He took off his jacket and instead of rolling it into a ball and fucking it into the crowd, he folds it up neatly and puts it away for tomorrow night. It wouldn’t surprise me if it was the same jacket he had in the RDS. I’d say he’s he’s one of the meanest men in rock.
Some back catalogue though. Even if he just stuck to the Wings stuff. Let ‘em in is a great song.

6 Likes

I’m not into music Fagan.

@anon98850436 told me he was going to Gerry Cinnamon and i thought he was on about your man from The Chase

2 Likes

Compared to previous years this seems like a very average Glastonbury line up

1 Like

The voice struggling now.

I presume at this hour of the night, this is the headline act ?

Will he sing a song we know soon?

Not something you would ever hear in racing circles

4 Likes

Is this Beatles stuff i never heard of or his own stuff ?

You don’t know this? What age are you?

I have 2 bottles of wine and a gin and tonic in me.

I want a slow set with Mrs DB

1 Like

I won’t bother turning this on now, as the posts make it seem fairly shite.

The glory days of festivals are gone. The high point was Feile 90. They’ve gone too big and have to appeal to the lowest common denominator to make a buck.

1 Like

:clap::clap: