The Glastonbury Thread

I was at that I think. Was that the first gig in the new Point? Think there was a Childline thing a few days before but that was the first actual gig.

Don’t know about it being the first but it was definitely the new Point. I was sitting fairly high up.

1 Like

I’ve seen M83 twice. Once at Primavera Festival (maybe 05?) and the second time was at All Tomorrow’s Parties (I’m gonna guess around 2012). Excellent both times.

If I had to watch Kings of Leon live, I’d probably end up taking a screwdriver to my ears.

This is one for the smashing tunes thread.

2 Likes

I stupidly went to see Prodigy instead of Air at Witness one year @Thomas_Brady. Prodigy show was very good in saying that, but the feedback after was that Air were incredible that night.

After that, I always paddled my own canoe when it came to festivals. No more going to see the bands my friends were off to.

Seen Sigur Ros three times at this stage. Think they went quiet because they had to sack the drummer who had a metoo case against him.

2 Likes

Paul McCartney headlined on Saturday and instead of giving the festival crowd some classics he bored them to tears with some unknown songs from recent albums that I’d say less than 1% of the crowd knew.

Did you only watch the first hour?

What a set.

From bands I didn’t know anything about before the festival I enjoyed Wet Leg. Thought the Fontaines DC set was quite dull.

3 Likes

It was shite.

Wet Leg are good. Too Late Now is a good track. They are playing Belfast later in the year.

1 Like

I switched it off after fuh you

They’re unreal. I’ll give that a listen later. Was supposed to see them twice this summer and missed both.

The Kelly family are a notable absence there :grinning:

These fellas were big in Germany in the late 90s… Decent album.

Sven Vath
Hardfloor

Legends

2 Likes

There’s probably loads,
Cardigans, Sugarcubes, Sigur ROS and of course A-Ha are a few that spring to mind that I didn’t see mentioned

Not a bad set from NGHFB. Some of his solo stuff is decent. He’s no front man though.

1 Like

Sven Vath, OMG :clap::clap::clap:

Sugar cubes, Sigur Ros and A-Ha are non eu