The GPA

I’d agree with that, but there’s a awful lot of thick and self-important cunts involved that certainly wouldn’t preclude them from trying.

1 Like

2 Likes

Where would they play these Sky Sports Super 12/16 matches?

The thickest cunts in Ireland are involved in the gaa. Making young lads play 10 games in 4 days and wondering then why they are finished at 28. That kind of shit

4 Likes

10 games in 4 days seems a bit extreme alright.

I think that the CPA will find it extremely difficult to adopt a cohesive strategy. Mostly what they’ve laid out so far have been soundbite-friendly generalisations that won’t stand up under closer scrutiny.

Fixture programmes differ vastly from county to county and what may be an issue in Laois mighn’t be an issue in Limerick, or vice-versa. Some counties are strong in both codes, others aren’t. All have differing numbers in their championships. Some are knockout/semi-knockout, others are league-based. Some break for the summer, others don’t. Some have issues with the availability of inter-county players, others don’t etc etc.

I think it’ll be next to impossible for the CPA to even agree amongst themselves as to what they actually want to achieve.

Fair point. I agree that it may be pie in the sky but I don’t think that it would preclude some of these fellas trying it all the same.

I think you need to refer back to the " there’s a awful lot of thick and self-important cunts involved" rationale, but point well made nonetheless.

They are extremely dangerous, a group of piss heads with notions. Take @The_Most_Infamous as a perfect example.

An example of what, a simpleton?

Gilroy not getting it sent the GAA back 15 years.

There would be no CPA or a need for them.

Not at all. They have a perfectly democratic system. They will be setting up voting for members on issues going forward. It will be black and white and the reports of these votes will be full of information.

Up over 30000 and climbing now.

If they go to the GAA in October with 150,000 people behind them the GAA are fucked. Absolutely fucked.

Stop them using GAA facilities for starters

1 Like

This is what I’ve been saying from the start. You can’t have a national solution when you have 32 different structures and requirements.

As a player I think the structure of the Limerick football championships is pretty good, guaranteed 5 competitive games at a minimum. I don’t want that being messed up so a player in Dublin can get more games.

1 Like

5 games? What a load of shite.
15 games minimum is a decent season.

15 Championship games, minimum? Who wants that?

The GAA does not own clubs pitches though, clubs do. If a club team strikes, and many do it together, clubs will go with their players largely.

Its called a proper competition. They play 7 as is in league at county level.

Combine the whole thing

What GAA cannot see is if they model it properly and do a proper cost analysis a league format will generate far more money.

1 Like

5 Championship games is plenty on top of a league as long as its run properly.