The GPA

What was the most amount of games you played in a week?

Few dual players though

I once played a senior Hurling League game on a Sunday morning, had a feed of pints. Attended the 1986 All Ireland Football semi final between Meath and Kerry, then had another feed of pint before lining out in a Millar Shield final in the Na Fianna grounds that evening and scoring 8 points from frees.

4 Likes

Would you think? I’d say there are stacks of dual players in Dublin.

Keaney, Hiney and Durkin won All-Ireland club football medals with Ballyboden St. Enda’s, mate, despite being better known as hurlers.

1 Like

Thats whats going to happen in Cork, most likely Tipp and Galway and the likes of Mayo, Donegal etc will do the same apthough being football only will make it more straightforward.

Motion going in to Cork this year from a collection of clubs to not start any competition until March 1st. That that is season start. And that they do not want the break from May to september anymore

Player senior leagues (lets say serious intermediate and junior clubs too) both codes all the time. I doubt it.

Not happening in Cork and going by the top clubs i Dublin mpst don’t even ay championship dual anymore.

What??

So? They were knocked out of hurling.

And does 3 ayers disprove a downturn?

When fagan wasaying most dual clubs would have 10+ dual players

They is virtually nobody playing the number of games you suggest they are the same as “back in the day”.

Its not the same at all.

Yes there is. You haven’t a clue what you’re pontificating about.

1 Like

There isn’t. I have plenty clue.

There are fuck all lads playing 45+ games a year now. To suggest otherwise is mental

I merely stated your notions that “a dual club cannot be facilitated” and that “Dublin clubs have moved well away from the dual club” thing isn’t true, mate - which it isn’t as Boden won an All-Ireland with dual players.

Or indeed the dual players on the Cuala team that are in the All Ireland.

A fellow playing senior football only in Dublin has the opportunity to play a minimum of 21 games. A fellow playing senior Hurling can expect to play a minimum of 16 games. A modestly successful run in either championship brings the total to 40. Add in u-21 and you are easily at 45.

An under 21 playing football only will will play upwards of 26 games if he makes the senior team. Slightly less if he is junior or intermediate. If he plays colleges, he will have a rake more games.

1 Like

If if if

They are not playing all those games. Thats the reality.
Sid picked out a few fellas who i know for a fact did f-all football training or playing for large chunks of the year. They were not playing all those games

If if if me bollix. If a fella wants to play 40 plus GAA games for his club in Dublin and he is good enough he can. If he just wants to play football he can play a minimum of 22 which would be plenty in any mans language.

Generally he can’t.

They train a bit harder these days Fagan.

You live in lala land

Slaughneill even?

And if they didn’t do much football training or play club league games, so what?