The Gut Health Thread

Yeah I know the feeling buddy. It’s almost humiliating. The taste of it is horrible too.

1 Like

Like emptying a dirty radiator

2 Likes

See you on the early risers thread. It’ll still be coming out of you

1 Like

You fuckin animal

12 Likes

I thought the taste (of the prep) was grand. The hands on the shoulders as the tube went in was less grand.

Hope all goes well tomorrow @Tank

1 Like

Did they not knock you out for it? They knocked me out for mine

Nah went without it. Was grand just a bit weird. Then a did a gastroscopy with no sedation. An entirely different kettle of fish.

1 Like

Same as.

1 Like

They dont call you iron mike for nathin

1 Like

I’m struggling badly on the jack’s here… After a week of no sugar or processed foods the weekend didn’t go so well and my gut /colon are rebelling. I’m gonna burst a blood vessel in my head if this doesn’t come to a head soon.

Chrisht… :eyes:

How did you get on bucko?

I think it was fine, thanks for asking. A benign looking polyp and a weird bloodshot looking area but they said nothing looked sinister. They took samples of all that and I have to go talk to them in 6 weeks.

It’s an interesting experience looking at the inside of your arsehole on a camera. I learned I dont look things going in my ass, which is a good life lesson to learn about yourself.

11 Likes

What made you get it checked? Were you getting pains? I haven’t been to a doctor in 20+ years… I’m in my 40s now so probably should at least get bloods done…

I was taken in last month with suspected appendicitis but they did a CAT scan before they chopped out my appendix and decided it was a bowel infection instead.

1 Like

Please god all will be fine :+1:

That’s good to hear. In fairness they’re very much to the point these days. My lad had no problem telling me straight after my colonoscopy what they’d found. Please God all will be fine with you

Did they give you the conscious sedation for it?

They pump some drugs into your arm so you’re completely awake and looking at the screen but doesnt hurt. Just very fucking uncomfortable.

1 Like