The Gut Health Thread

Ah ok, that’s s brand of nexium. Yeah, I’m not gonna spend my life swallowing a tablet, tho I may have to. Plenty of research out there that shows you can eat yourself right but it would mean almost a vegan diet for a year… More and more people in western culture are experiencing gut issues - basically out of sync with bad bacteria ruling the roost. c

The origins of many illnesses are being redrawn and lots of evidence now pointing to the gut as the cause.

High carb/ starch - too much pasta, white bread, crackers etc are bad for the gut.

Any kind of vegetable oil - sunflower, rapeseed etc is arguably the worst thing you can digest. Avoid like the plague. Stick to olive oil.

High sugar - no explanation needed.

Processed foods - no explanation needed.

The western diet is increasingly becoming high carb, high sugar, processed and bad oils.

If you don’t want to change diet you can eat the shit of someone with healthy gut microbiome. cc @TheUlteriorMotive

2 Likes

Everyone is susceptible to an infection, mate. This particular one is rampant in society and many people pick it up as kids but display little to no symptoms.

I’d say those with a more robust constitution would be little affected. Those after destroying their gut health with inconsistent fads would probably struggle.

You’d say would you? That’s that settled so.

It’s not settled no, it’s just a view. Look after your body and it will look after you, as they say.

Thanks Dr. Glas.

A spoon of pure olive oil every morning does a man wonders …

There’s a view that h pylori is one of the necessary gut bacteria (we get it from our mother mainly) and the issues are caused when it grows out of control and that’s diet related

Some lads advocate no gluten, no dairy and no sugar to reset it and add in some digestive enzymes

1 Like

I’m half on the road to redemption.

I useta read this forum years ago. Ya’s never used to shut up about nutribullet blenders. But I got thinking about it, even through all the bollocks and shite that was said on this. Didn’t buy a nutribullet but bought a smoothie blender out of Argos for about €40. My skin wouldn’t be the greatest but for the last 3 weeks I’ve been taking kale/brocolli/spinach/frozen summer fruits berries just before I go to bed. Not only did it do my skin good but my weight has gone down a bit and I feel a bit more energetic.

Note: I had gotten the blender before, as I said, after reading this forum many eon’s ago. But stopped for whatever reason.

I’d say the water you’re getting is the main difference as the blender is destroying molecular vitality of the fruit and vegetables. The nutribullet preserves and locks that in through its patented blade system.

2 Likes

I’ve always drank water religiously. I put in A LOT of fruit & veg which basically turns it into a paste. I’d say about quarter full of water.

Hello HBV :wave:

1 Like

Trust me, i’m an original. This forum used to be public for anyone to read as I recall.

Yeah I’m on these too. Bought a big Ninja blender a while back in the sales. I found blending my veg improves the stomach and i have less gas. Never been eating so much fruit and veg. Frozen pineapple is great to add some sweetness too.

1 Like

Might give the frozen pineapple a go alright, cheers!

1 Like

Welcome home @caoimhaoin !!

Ninja Blenders due to the make up of the blade system interfere with the molecular breakdown of the food material

3 Likes

If you play Kung Fu Fighting on full volume while pressing the pulse button in three second intervals these effects are completely negated.

Thoul acid reflux is a cunt and the tube down the throat is minus craic. I take a tablet every day for it but the biggest settler is not eating three hours or so before lying down.

1 Like