The Gut Health Thread

I was dreading it but got it done with conscious sedation. I recall nowt. All done and dusted and sitting up drinking tea and eating roast within the half hour. Not even a sore throat

2 Likes

I got no sedation and recall everything…

You feckin eejit.

1 Like

Rugby lads going private and getting a roast as soon as they come round… this country is fucked.

Toast… I meant toast! But yes I went private. The whole process cost me about 300 quid between consultant visit and the procedure including sedation. Fortunate to be in a position to have health insurance

1 Like

Was it mainly due to diet / eating late / rushing your meals that brought it on and what fixed it?

Wasn’t anything in particular in the diet he pinpointed, nothing Iv had to stop eating. I drink a lot of coffee, he didn’t think that was a factor. I don’t smoke and he defaulted to stress but I wouldn’t have thought I was stressed out so who knows.

He put me on a course of lazropole (a stronger version of nexium) for three months. From the day I took the first one I have not had so much as one reoccurrence of the issue. And I was in a fairly bad way by the time I went to him

No lifestyle changes required albeit I eat fairly healthy anyway and get a fair bit of exercise.

He said if I was going to a wedding or something I should take a lazropole on the Friday and on the Sunday as a preventative measure and that’s pretty much it.

1 Like

I know you did mate. As it happens, I’d a colonoscopy today so when i got my toast at about 6.15 this evening it was fucking delicious. First thing since 12.30 yesterday.

4 Likes

Ouch. Fingers crossed nowt serious anyway pal

Is that what it’s called nowadays?

Yep. What i got is anyway.

Had one of those about 3 years ago. The sensation of basically pissing out of your arse the night before was a strange one.

1 Like

And this morning.

Hope all be ok @Juhniallio

1 Like

Think I might have had a couple of squirts in the morning too alright. Put under though and didn’t feel a thing for the procedure.

1 Like

Finally a doctor recommends the TFK solution

2 Likes

What’s the craic with kombucha lads, is it beneficial? Bought a glass bottle of it in Lidl. It was quite nice, like a cross between cold tea and non alcoholic beer.

I buy that one myself. Not sure if there’s better around but yes, fermented tea, has what we are looking for.

1 Like

Good call. Have tried a bottle or two in the past. Might be a good thing to incorporate more regularly

Try some fermented foods. Proper stuff tho like organic Sauerkraut. Kefir is great for you, see if you can source kefir water if you don’t like or want the milk version. The water is largely tasteless, just a hint of whatever fruit they put in it
Also, I drink that kombucha over three days.

1 Like