The Insurance Thread

I’ll drink it and take the car out for a spin

2 Likes

They always say the rear bumper has a crumple zone that is likely to spontaneously combust if not replaced after a minor tip. This is if course unless the tip is caused by reversing in which case it’s fine.

1 Like

There’s two replies. Are you paying for it yourself? Grand give me two mins there I’ll pop out the dent and away you go. Is insurance paying for it? May as well replace the whole back of your car so to be safe

1 Like

That’s about the height of it.

TROLLOP trying it on, no wonder insurance companies have an excuse to hike prices up

2 Likes

Any excuse to fleece people.

1 Like

Dear enough as it is, them insurance wallies don’t need anymore excuses

They will use the increase in fraud cases in court as an excuse too dispute number claims going down. Getting frauds to court is great and shouldn’t be an excuse to up premiums.

1 Like

Forget who posted this before but it highlights how cocky these cunts are. So much have they gotten away with they didn’t even bother to prepare for an obvious incoming grilling.

6 Likes

The face on the last guy is priceless. It’s gas seeing lads like that who are probably never stood up to in their own business getting destroyed like that.

1 Like

Insurer entitled to turn down payout over death of man linked to killings

Aodhan O’Faolain

Irish Life was entitled to refuse to pay €250,000 in life insurance for murdered gangster Eamon Dunne due to his failure to disclose drug and alcohol misuse and depression when taking the policy out, the High Court has ruled.

In a judgment, Mr Justice Tony O’Connor dismissed proceedings by Dunne’s partner Georgina Saunders after finding the deceased was obliged to give details of his past drug and alcohol use and depression when he took out the policy in 2008.

The judge said there was nothing to lead the court to find Dunne acted honestly when giving incorrect replies to an online questionaire he filled out when applying for the policy. The judge said the insurer was not guilty of indolence or laziness when it considered Dunne’s application for life cover, and said it had satisfactorily explained its process and how it was applied.

Shot six times

Dunne (42) was shot six times in the head and back in April 2010 while attending a birthday party in a pub Cabra, Dublin. He was linked to several gang murders, drug trafficking and was on bail awaiting trial at the time of his death for the robbery of a cash-in-transit van in Kildare.

The Irish Life Insurance policy, costing €103 a month, was taken out by Dunne and Ms Saunders two years before his death. Ms Saunders, with an address in Finglas, Dublin, claimed Irish Life failed to make payment wrongfully and in breach of the terms and conditions of the contract.

Denied

Irish Life denied the claims and had argued the policy was void by reason of non-disclosure of material facts about Dunne when the policy was taken out.

Mr Justice O’Connor said the simple fact in the case was that Dunne had an obligation to correct any replies given to the insurer about material facts even if he was not prompted or inclined to do so in front of Ms Saunders when they were dealing with the insurer’s agent.

The court noted Ms Saunders’ evidence where she said she did not witness him abusing drugs and alcohol and was unaware of his prior abuse until the insurer informed her in 2011 that it would not pay out on the policy.

Ms Saunders, the judge said, had told the court that she had not read the policies terms and conditions booklet issued by Irish Life in relation to the policy, and had only gone through them when giving evidence to the court.

Pearse fairly quitened the whures, but now their buds in FF/ FG are in power again,
insurance companies will slowly revert to normal as in robbing us again without fear of enquiry.

2 Likes

Much like taxing the mult nationals we rely on the EU to come in to do what our own government should be doing.

1 Like

Sorry customers, the EU fined us for being a cartel, guess we’ll have to raise prices.

7 Likes

2% EU Cartel Fine Levy

1 Like

Got a €35 one4all voucher from FBD

A friend of mine got €15 Circle K voucher from whatever shower he is with

I’ve nothing got from Kennco. So ye are one up on me

It’s a bit like putting 50c in a card. Ignoring it would look less miserable

At least the health crowds are giving a nice bit back. Between our policies here, we’ve over 250 back

They are refunding the private cover portion for 6 months basically is it?