The Insurance Thread

Pat Mac surely has a solicitor on the pay roll to explain why the letters are very similar.

Off course he does. Pat is playing silly beggars for a bit of PR.

I bought flights with aer lingus for September. At the same time I bought insurance through their website with Allianz. Aer Lingus subsequently cancelled the flights the cunts. ALLIANZ the cunts refused to refund my policy. What a shower of cunts

2 Likes

Supermacs paying out again.

Considering the slap she got off the ground, they were lucky to only shell out over €16k. She was only blessed she wasnt more seriously hurt.

2 Likes

Jesus Christ she didn’t even fall.

1 Like

Semantics.

I seen that alright,the amount is small enough considering what’s normally paid out.Are there new guidelines on payouts these days?

Wow,just watched the video there.16k for that ffs

Fairly amateur stuff if they thought they would get away with that.

1 Like

Has the whiff of a lad in the admin office sweating fucking bullets after realising he hadn’t submitted the docs he’d been asked to do…

1 Like

RTÉ presenter of The Sunday Game Jacqui Hurley and her insurers Allianz have settled a €60,000 damages claim after she rear-ended another car on the M4 exit of the M50.

Judge John O’Connor in the Circuit Civil Court was told a nine-year-old schoolboy, Morgan Gladney, who is now aged 14, had been injured in the accident on May 25, 2018.

Ms Hurley, whose address was given as c/o Allianz Insurers, Allianz House, Elmpark, Merrion Road, Dublin 4, had, the court was told, conceded liability after her vehicle collided with that driven by Morgan’s mother.

Barrister Tim Sheehan, with Coyne Solicitors, represented Morgan and his father Richard, of Rokeby, Lucan, Co Dublin. Morgan had brought the claim through his father.

The court heard Morgan was a passenger in his mother’s car and hit his head off the headrest in front of him. He was shocked, distressed and afterwards suffered from intermittent headaches.

Chaotic

Judge O’Connor was told the scene of the accident was chaotic as Ms Hurley was very distressed because her own baby was in the back of her car at the time.

An ambulance was called and firemen attended the scene but the ambulance did not take anyone to hospital and in fact answered a call to another accident.

In the boy’s claim it was alleged Ms Gladney’s car was hit at speed by Ms Hurley’s vehicle and the impact was severe. Morgan was treated the following day by Dr Turlough Bolger at Tallaght Hospital. X-rays revealed there were no bone injuries.

Mr Sheehan told Judge O’Connor that Morgan had recovered after about three months and the Injuries Board had assessed damages for him at €5,000, which was initially deemed by an earlier court to be insufficient.

Counsel informed the court Ms Hurley and her insurers had doubled the offer to €10,000 together with expenses of €339 which Judge O’Connor approved as appropriate in the circumstances.

Ms Hurley was not in court for the legal ruling, which was conducted by video from Judge O’Connor’s chambers.

There’s a few lads on here who would pay 10k to be rear ended by Jacqui

5 Likes

Jaysus, 40 grand

https://www.rte.ie/news/2023/0714/1394652-camogie-jenna-mcgovern-courts/

I see Revolut have started offering car insurance in Ireland now, underwritten by AIG. They are claiming to be able to undercut current rates, will be interesting to see if that materialises.

1 Like

Poor guy

20% blame on the taxi man seems fair. A professional driver should know the rules of the road

Kamila Grabska (36), from Ennis, Co Clare, told the High Court sitting in Limerick that she suffers constant pain in her back, neck and thoracic spine that left her unable to lift groceries or play with her children following a car accident on February 3, 2017.

However, a photo of Ms Grabska throwing a Christmas tree was published in the Irish Independent on January 8, 2018.

Footage of Ms Grabska shown during the hearing also showed her play-wrestling with a “large and strong” Dalmatian dog for up to an hour-and-a-half.

Ms Grabska, a married mother of two, sued RSA Insurance for damages after the car she was a passenger in was rear-ended in Ennis when she was on her way to work in February 2017.

She suffered debilitating pain in the accident, she alleged.

Both the footage and her win at the Christmas tree-throwing competition came at a time when Ms Grabska told doctors she suffered constant pain in her neck, thoracic spine and back.

Medical evidence put before the court heard Ms Grabska could lift a glass of water and a light bag. But if she lifted a heavy bag she said she would suffer pain throughout her whole body.

She told the court she had pain every day, but some days were worse than others. On good days she would try to go for walks with her children and do housework. But on bad days, she said her husband would have to bring her pain medication to her in bed and she wouldn’t be able to get out of bed until noon.

The Christmas tree-throwing event, in which she triumphed, was held on January 7, 2018 – two days before she told a doctor she couldn’t lift a bag of groceries.

Counsel for RSA Ireland, Murray Johnson SC, instructed by RDJ law firm, asked Ms Grabska if she ever told any of the many doctors she had attended since the car accident about winning the Christmas tree-throwing competition.

“No, because I forgot,” Ms Grabska said.

“Did it hurt you to throw the Christmas tree?” Mr Johnson asked.

“I had a pain, yeah,” Ms Grabska said.

“You had a large smile on your face as you threw the tree,” said Mr Johnson.

“I was smiling but that doesn’t mean I didn’t have a pain,” Ms Grabska replied.

“You were also smiling when you received your prize,” Mr Johnson said.

“I can say I was trying to live a normal life,” Ms Grabska said.

Mr Johnson then asked Ms Grabska about her sworn affidavit in which she said her past and future loss of earnings due to chronic pain making it impossible for her to work amounted to more than €500,000.

“You swore an affidavit, a very serious document. Isn’t that correct?” he asked.

“I don’t know,” Ms Grabska said.

Footage shot last November, played to the court, showed Ms Grabska taking her dog for a training session in a park close to her home.

The footage opened with her dog defecating.

Ms Grabksa was later seen “bending over” and “squatting down” to pick up the dog excreta. The footage, which Mr Johnson said lasted for an hour-and-a-half, largely showed Ms Grabska wrestling a large, thick rope toy from the dog’s mouth.

She was observed rapidly passing the large toy rope from one hand to the other as the dog clung on.

The court heard when Ms Grabska was initially assessed shortly after the accident, it was determined by a doctor she suffered soft tissue injuries and would heal within a period of three to six months.

However, the court heard that although she returned to work three weeks after the accident, she later quit work for good and went on disability as her pain had worsened to the point she was in constant pain.

Ms Grabska said she did have constant pain.

“I am in pain right now,” she said.

Dismissing the case, Judge Carmel Stewart said she had a “very graphic picture” of Ms Grabska throwing the Christmas tree in front of her.

“It is a very large, natural Christmas tree and it is being thrown by her in a very agile movement,” Judge Stewart said.

The medical evidence before the court was “completely at odds” with the Christmas tree throwing, the judge said.

“Dalmation dogs are large strong dogs”, and Ms Grabska demonstrated “strength and agility” in handling the animal, Judge Stewart said.

“It was a very physical training session,” she added.

Judge Stewart said: “I’m afraid I cannot but conclude the claims were entirely exaggerated.

“On that basis, I propose to dismiss the claim.”

I would