The Insurance Thread

I hope shes made pay full legal costs and some punitive costs for wasting the courts time

Whoever the insurance body are, they should make her and her story the face of an advertising campaign against false claims.

1 Like

You would hope her disability payments are reassessed too

1 Like

Why aren’t these fraudsters charged and fined for wasting everybody’s time.

Civil claims, I suppose the insurance companies would have to push the fraud angle, and they don’t seem bothered

1 Like

Why would they when they just push the costs onto the customer

In a lot of cases they seem to just settle outside court. Would have been a costly exercise to have some PI follow her for a while you’d imagine but good to see her being nailed for something so blatant

It didn’t take her long to pick up the tricks of the locals

1 Like

I wonder did they tell her before the court case they had this Xmas tree photo…surely that would have put an end to the case

The Polish wagons are squaring.

I wonder could anyone advise.
The lad has his driving test tomorrow.
If he passes (he’s 18) would he be best staying as a named driver, or starting his own policy to get no claims bonus?)
I’ve been quoted online 3700 Euro for a 2011 nissan leaf which is not sustainable really.
I’m importing his Skoda yeti anyway so he could maybe just stay a named driver on that til he’s older?
I haven’t bought the leaf, just looked at it, but that’s mental money.

Named driver for a few years mate. Whenever he goes solo theyll take an almighty chunk but an 18 year old by himself is mental money…

3 Likes

Thanks Juhy. Any recommendations for an insurance broker?

My first car (A 1L Yaris) cost about €1900 and another €2200 to insure on my own policy. :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

Try Aviva. They put a tracking device in the car to monitor the youngster’s driving. Can lead to significant savings. Revolut were planning to introduce similar.

1 Like

Nope. They are all cunts. Surely someone in galway knows someone?

Did you get you’re own policy sorted yet?

The AA are good.

Same as. Gave 1200 for a 1.4 Astra. Was quoted around 5,000 by several before eventually finding a bargain at 2,500, just over double what the car was worth

Based on my experience of trying to get an au pair insured I think, Axa, Liberty and Kennco are the main ones for younger drivers. 25 seems to be cut off point where premiums will reduce. Going as a named driver will help although then you get into issues with you being the main driver on 2 cars etc so you might have to bite the bullet. Some of the other insurers wouldn’t quote if someone didn’t live in the country for the past year or didn’t have insurance in their name for a year.

We went with Liberty and the premium was around the 3k mark I think but did reduce to under 2k after the first year.

You Fancy GIF - You fancy - Discover & Share GIFs

6 Likes