The Insurance Thread

Ah so his brain is fried. That explains a lot actually

1 Like

You Deeter and Aodhàn were all mates? Superb. Actually the accents are all the exact same.

By “friends” do you mean you mercilessly bullied the fuck out of him but out of remorse befriended him years later?

No that’s @thedancingbaby.

how did this one go for you after mike? You take them on and win?

I went direct to the insurer and they were happy to give me a refund.

3 Likes

Abhoy the kid

1 Like

Been here before but different lads. A pain in my hole. Going to france next Thurs night /Friday morning. Car hire companies in France spannering my works by looking for a credit card. I got rid of the creedit card when I began saving for a mortgage. So did mrs J. Bank saying ordering a credit card ewill take a week maybe more but even more for self-employed. the cunts. Mrs J would probably get one in time but she doesn’t want to drive over there.
Anyone know anything about PrePay Credit cards at all? Do they charge an inordinate amount? What’s my options. Ta

It’s hard to believe that two adults can’t manage a credit card between them.

7 Likes

They won’t take a pre paid credit card I’d imagine. It’d render taking the card pointless.

2 Likes

Ta for the input Amber. Next.

Get a revolut card

Download the app and it should give you a virtual card number to use. Physical card will follow.

It is a pre paid card so will need to load it up and if they take a security deposit that money is locked up for a week or so

You should be able to pay with revolut card and make the security deposit with a non pre paid debit card

1 Like

Don’t know about France but Hertz in the UK will accept a debit card as long as the numbers are embossed. All the others that I’m aware of insist on a credit card, and an extortionate deposit. Deposit with Hertz is generally around €250.

1 Like

I have a revolut card. I use it mostly for gambling. Don’t particularly want to lop in a grand from the current account as it might lead to requests for statements.

Isn’t a prepaid credit card just a debit card in reality, no hope they’re going to be codded by that

Yes but you have to load it with the cash they are looking for. If it’s insured and they take the excess fee of a grand what’s the problem?

Would they not let you pay that fee off a debit card? Usually they’ll let you, but they’ll charge a fortune and give it back a month later

1 Like

@Juhniallio, could you borrow a credit card off a family member with the same surname that has just an initial for their first name? And just say it’s your name in Irish or your middle name or something?

1 Like

@Juhniallio

here you go bud…

1 Like

Ta @Esteban_de_la_Gent @Julio_Geordio @Mac, @Gavrilo-Princip and particularly @Ambrose_McNulty for your contributions.

1 Like