The Insurance Thread

Mate you need to give up that auld gambling.

85 grand for something that was entirely her own fault.

1 Like

Demi :grinning::grinning:

1 Like

This may have been posted elsewhere but this is an example of what you want in your TD. By far the best in the Dail for me. Tore shreds off these insurance cunts.

12 Likes

Not insurance related but another class piece from Pearse.

2 Likes

fuckin insurance cunts… blaming evreythgin else for the high premiums… a shower of utter utter cunts.

Pearse would be a great fellow altogether if only he could turn up to the Dail a little bit more often.

2 Likes

Ha!

The story emerged the day after he tore strips off the insurance lads. Good old corporate Ireland closing ranks.

4 Likes

… and do sfa like the rest of them?

1 Like

there’s quite a few in FFFGLAB that would be doing the country some service by turning up a lot less

1 Like

I never took you for a company man @Fagan_ODowd

I’d admire him a lot more if he killed off the lame Heifer in charge.

1 Like

insurance lads caught bluffing again

Why do insurance companies charge extortionate prices? Because they are allowed to, that’s their job. What do people expect ffs.

as the circling the drain cowen once said to mary coughlan “get onto those fuckers”

1 Like

I’m sure he knows party members that could organise that

Minister for Justice Charlie Flanagan, said the insurance sector had to be more transparent and to justify the “extraordinary” increases in insurance premiums “which I don’t accept are down to awards.”

They don’t have to justify sh!t Charlie. Their job is to maximise profits.

What they might have to explain to Margrethe Vestagers is how they operated a cartel for years without any government interference. Charlie won’t like that question.

The department of finance doesn’t want to have anything to do with regulating the sector. That’s the main problem.

Do European operators need licenses to operate here? I presume it’s the same as with mortgages, where the government is slow to license other operators to increase competition. Anyone know, art?

They have to be authorized by the Central Bank to sell insurance products in Ireland

1 Like

The central bank isn’t licensing mortgage operators, presumably to protect Irish banks liquidity. But I can’t see any good reason to protect insurance companies. Surely this is a no brainer?