The Isuzu ute A league

fair play fitzy- id respect that stance as you seem like a man with a very decent interest in the game with an informed opinion who attends live football instead of plonked on your arse rehashing sky opinions

1 Like

Iā€™m actually seething here Mickee. I was listening to that fuckhead Paul Wade (ex Socceroo and general know it all prick, who is generally acknowledged as the worst football commentator in the country, but still gets a gig) on the radio this morning about how great it would be and much better than giving a contract to some arrogant 17 year old.
Which shows his understanding of what kids on a development pathway go through. I know those 17 year olds on the verge of becoming professional footballers and they are far from arrogant. They work their fucking arses off, sacrifice loads and want to learn. They spend their adolescence with one setback after another and they become very resilient. Arrogant my hole. So thatā€™s one less opportunity for a potentially decent kid to make it gone.
This club used to be based entirely on itā€™s connection with the community. They were everywhere. When Fitzy Jnr was in the Academy, the senior players were at their training sessions. Mat Ryan, the Brighton keeper who Iā€™ve spoken of many times would pass all of Fitzy Jnrā€™s teammates when they were 10 or 11 and know all their names. Bernie Ibini taught him how to pass with his left foot. Josh Rose talked him through playing as a full back. You couldnā€™t go to any event on the coast without a Mariners player there. We were in 3 Grand Finals and won it in 2012. Marcelo Lippi brought Guangzhou Evergrande to Gosford (Gosford!) for an Asian Champions League match. It was bloody exciting and heady times.
All gone.
You expect throughs. You expect poor seasons and rebuilding. You donā€™t expect to have your money taken off you, your time and devotion disrespected like what this Mike Charlesworth prick is doing.
The moment a second division and relegation is brought in, the Mariners are toast and a well organised and deserving NPL club like Blacktown or South Melbourne will take its place.
And Iā€™ll be wearing a Western Sydney Wanderers shirt.

4 Likes

Todayā€™s the day @Fitzy. Get down off your high horse and take fitzy jnr to see a superstar.

Fitzy jnr is a serious football man and thinks its a joke mate

:smiley::smiley:

1 Like

Usain Bolt just scored a goal in this league. :laughing:

cringe

10 turbulent years after we won the A League, the Central Coast Mariners are back in a grand final.
After beating Adelaide in the second leg of the semi tonight, we play Melbourne Citeh in the GF in 2 weeks.
18000 or so at Central Coast stadium tonight, biggest crowd sinceā€¦.
Well since we played the just born to the world Western Sydney Wanderers in 2013.
I was there that night and I have witnessed few more electric nights at a football match.
Turbulent. To say the least.
We won the grand final, our team fell apart, Graham Arnold left and most significantly, we got a new owner. A fuckwit Pom called Charlesworth. He proceeded to gut the club. 4 wooden spoons in a row. We kept paying our season ticket and kept taking the disrespect, the absolute contempt a club that formerly was entirely based on community, dished out to us.
Until we didnā€™t and we fell out of love with the Central Coast Mariners.
Alan Stajic, the recently deposed Matildaā€™s coach, came in 3 years ago and despite everything, started to turn things. All of a sudden, CCM werenā€™t a complete joke.
Naturally, he left after a Barney with the fuckwit in charge and Nick Montgomery, late of Sheffield United, ex EPL player who finished his career at CCM too over. Iā€™ll admit I thought heā€™d be a disaster.
He wrong was I. The most entertaining team last season now has a tonne of bite and are the only realistic threat to the Saudi disease.
Thereā€™s no stars in Montyā€™s team. Thereā€™s a lot of very good players no oneā€™s ever heard of and a 38 year old keeper who has won a Belgian league but moons ago got a massive suspension for handling a ref after one of the finals CCM lost.
One of those is Jacob Farrell, a kid Iā€™ve known since he was 7. Heā€™s from our club and played with Fitzy jnr at the Mariners academy for his formative years. An elegant 20 year old full back, weā€™re immensely proud of him (Jacobā€™s already been with the Australian U21ā€™s side).
Iā€™ve been very ambivalent about CCM for years. We put so much into them and got so much out. Then we didnā€™t, they just started treating their supporters (more like family) like shit.
But like the first girl I ever kissed ( an absolute slapper called Debbie who came to Bumclody with my cousin from east London when I was 13) I was always interested and actually longing for a reason to love them again.( In fairness Debbie was stunning and a really nice girl).
So weā€™re all in now. CCM in a grand final, Iā€™ll put the flags out on the veranda tomorrow. Weā€™ll look at a membership for next year. Weā€™ll hopefully see many old friends in that crowd weā€™ve lost in the last 4 years.
Nick Montgomeryā€™s last professional match after a long and decent career was the semi final in 2013. He was sent off for the first time in his career and suspended for the final.
Iā€™ve been in his company a few times and heā€™s a very decent man who surprised me with his intelligence (which was shameful from me). It would be a wonderful story if he won it as a coach.
Weā€™re back. Where we belong. With our, in our, part of our club.

2 Likes

Here we go

1 Like

Best of luck @Fitzy and all the CC faithful.

2 Likes

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy can you amend the thread title to:
Isuzu UTE A-League

Please, to reflect the sponsorship change and in keeping with our commitment on TFK to upholding the highest standards of brand management.

1 Like

Should have scored then

CUMMINGS!!!
You Scottish beauty, yeeeeeesssssssss
1-0

2 Likes

My god Simon Hill hates us.

SILVERA!!! The special one. What a goal, what a fucking goal!!!
2-0

Shite, poxy bastards
2-1

HT 2-1 to the good guys.

Citeh all over us, as youā€™d expect

Our local hero, Wyoming FC junior Jacob Farrell comes on as a sub. The first player from our club to play in a grand final.
Runs in amd immediately wins a penalty.
Which Jason Cummings duly converts.
YESssssssssssssssssss!!!
3-1 to the Mariners!!!

Jacob does it again! Wins another penalty, Cummings converts for his hat trick.
4-1 to the Mariners!!!
Weā€™re floating here.

1 Like