The Jack Grealish Thread

[QUOTE=“The Most Infamous, post: 1159160, member: 1783”]The English are fond of the liquor on sun holidays, not exactly shocking stuff @myboyblue

We need to develop the game here at home and forget about relying on bullshit grandparent rules.[/QUOTE]
:clap:

Grealush won’t make it. Can you imagine a 19 year old equivalent in Italy or Spain acting the tit like that?

One good game in the cup semi against a mediocre Liverpool side and suddenly he is the saviour of English football? They can keep him.

[QUOTE=“balbec, post: 1159289, member: 193”]Grealush won’t make it. Can you imagine a 19 year old equivalent in Italy or Spain acting the tit like that?

One good game in the cup semi against a mediocre Liverpool side and suddenly he is the saviour of English football? They can keep him.[/QUOTE]

By any normal standard of success he has already made it - his next contract is likely to be ÂŁ20m plus. Problem with football is that players have made it once they sign their first big professional Premier League contract. For most of them that is enough and trophies and medals if they come are a bonus to the cars, houses, women, lifestyle

Who is this fella again?

This seems to be a problem specific to the English game and English clubs relative to the rest of the football world. Not uncommon for Italian footballers to be earning a modest wage while playing at the highest level, Florenzi was on €35k a year for half a season when he made the breakthrough at Roma at the age of 21. A young English player plays have a dozen good games and gets rewarded with a multi-million contract - this doesn’t happen in other countries except for exceptional cases - it’s common practice in England.

It’s the TV money

In the Guardian’s Fans’ View round-up the Villa fan wrote that Grealish “could go either way”. This is an observer (geddit?) that I presume has seen almost all his performances for Villa and not just the publicised ones which have created the recent frenzy. Looks a fair assessment at the moment.

Grealish can either pull up his socks (geddit?) and start acting like a professional, maybe even do a bit of work on the field or drift slowly into obscurity.

Bumpity bump.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/jack-grealish-aston-villa-youngster-set-to-turn-his-back-on-republic-of-ireland-and-choose-england-10494072.html

Well this is an interesting aside I’d forgotten about :smiley:

For the record, I’d hate to see @Nembo_Kid go the way of @Il_Bomber_Destro but I also acknowledge that he’s a man of his word.

The real loser is the board; we got lucky after Bomber’s departure, but the chances of a third highly knowledgable, but blindly ignorant, Tyrone poster of Italian descent are slim to say the least.

4 Likes

I am not worried, if I go I know another great man will step up and take on my fight. The name may die but the spirit is unbreakable.

8 Likes

That’s fine and well, but will his old man be a provo too?

That’s a terrible article. No quotes from anyone except Hodgson saying he’d probably like him for England. No confirmation there from Grealish, his family or aides.

Grealishs agent is the king maker here and his quotes recently on how much it cost Bale to choose Wales are cuntish in the extreme. Can we carry out a drone attack on this prick?

He won’t go.

My old pal @Sean_stack has a direct line into the Grealish family? What’s the latest, Stacko?

Goodbye @Nembo_Kid

:eek:

If I go then who will take my place?