The Joe McDonagh Cup incorporating Christy Ring, Nicky Rackard and whoever else

Bloody hell

Offaly hurlings problems summed up in a tweet

2 Likes

Spot on, about 14 clubs hurling in the county but most in the south of the county would be doing it in a very harmless way. The Belfast revival raising standards at Bredagh and Carryduff (East Belfast might be a longer project!) might improve the Ards clubs as well. Great win today anyway, be great if Antrim and Down could both move up a level this year.

14 = same number as kerry

kerry has 8 senior clubs in the rural north kerry villages

Outside that there is an intermediate club in tralee, intermediate club in killarney, kenmare and kilgarvan are intermediate

There in junior club in east kerry and in Duagh outside listowel

What’s going on in Offaly at all? Are the hurlers just not being produced up there anymore? Beat Wexford in 2012 and gave Kilkenny a fright in 2013. I thought they’d walk the Christy Ring under Michael Fennelly!

what surprises me most is that people are surprised every time Offaly sink a bit further!

the reality is for most of their history Offaly were no better than kerry, westmeath, kildare , antrim

an exceptional bunch came along in the early 1980s and another in the early 1990s with a few families backboning these teams

the real story is the remarkable overachievement in that period

1 Like

Yeah it seems they’ve reverted back to their pre-1980’s mean but their potentially dropping back even further than that now! Their club teams have still been relatively competitive in the Leinster club in recent years. Some flicker of hope with their current minor team maybe.

A crock of shit and the easy way out. They’ve enough to be doing much better the they are. It’s a cop out to say otherwise

it a matter of time before Kildare beat them, in fact they make already have done so?

@kerry1891 what’s the story now. If Kerry win their last game are they in the final?

yep julio

the winner of kerry v carlow go to the final where Antrim will be

Sean Stack was from Duagh originally I think?

Is Duignan crying again🤣

Is he actually a selector or just a consultant

1 Like

Disresct is disresct at the end of the day

4 Likes

And that’s not an insult

He’s the goal keeping coach AFAIK

Goalkeepers don’t count