The Joe McDonagh Cup incorporating Christy Ring, Nicky Rackard and whoever else

2 Likes

Exactly.
They should be in Munster. Maybe replace Cork??

4 Likes

Cork could do with a year down in the Joe McDonagh while they re-group.

4 Likes

We should have a referendum on who gets thrown out of Munster in place of Kerry.
It’d be a great heartwarming covid beating uplift for the nation.
Diaspora should also be allowed to vote.

Ye begged to be taken out of Munster

1 Like

Of course we did. We wanted to play on a bigger stage. Also the smell of incest and cow shite was overpowering in Munster.

If the gaa really wanted to try and help Kerry you would give them three years in the Munster round robin and let them have home advantage for all games. Get rid of the bye and it doesn’t affect the schedule.

I often wonder in places like Kerry, Kildare, Meath would it be of any benefit if they were allowed field under 18s and 21s in the minor and under 20 championships. Would allow them to pick up some lads who may have picked football at 17 or at least give them a better opportunity to compete with the established counties.

4 Likes

Cummins has form in this. Decided to go on a junket than play with his club in a county final around 15 years back.

Yes, it most definitely would. And Kerry should be in Munster. If the GAA are serious about promoting hurling in the “weaker” counties they should follow this model, especially when a county like Kerry have dragged themselves up by the guts for the best part of a decade now.

They’ll ship beatings, but there’s not many counties out there that hasn’t taken a 10 point beating in the past decade I’d wager.

Regularly did it with Laois too when he was in as goalkeeping coach. Saying that, if the county in question has no issue with it, why should anyone else.

Cummins is with Kerry a good few years now. I’d imagine they know exactly what they are getting and are obviously happy enough with it.

Last years All Star Goalie by right speaks very highly of him.

Yerra shtick Kerry into Munster ta fuck. They can have home games only for a couple of years to give them a bit of a leg up.

Does Cummins wear his smelly Man United jersey underneath his shirt when he’s on a corporate junket?

I doubt it

Worrying lack of commitment

Everyone has to grow up someday

Thats 100% right about the counties in that tier. A few beatings inevitably leads to a few players packing it in and there isnt the number of quality players in those counties to come in like they have in the Tier 1 counties. I heard Gleeson got all the players he wanted for the Antrim panel this year apart from a couple of Rossa players who had a good run in the championship. When they have as good a squad available to them they need to make the most of it and win the Joe McDonagh.

Tweet has been sentenced to DELETION

1 Like

Offaly the third best team in the Christy Ring

Not so long ago they were the countrys premier dual county.

1 Like