The Joe McDonagh Cup incorporating Christy Ring, Nicky Rackard and whoever else

Some good progress in Tralee town

Tralee Parnells started up about 12 years ago

won the kerry feile div 1 and a national feile last year , fielding minor and under 21 sides, 2 adult teams intermediate and junior. The rural north kerry hurling clubs border Tralee town so only natural hurling would get a foothold with such a population in Tralee

It is a positive for hurling in kerry

2 Likes

Tullamore be half decent at hurling?

One thing that has been overlooked in that lazy narrative is that Carlow did beat Offaly in Round 5 of the Joe McDonagh Cup last year by 5 points in a do or die game for Offaly when even a draw would have secured a final place for Offaly against Antrim.

The Carlow hurlers are just stronger than their Offaly counterparts at the moment whether itā€™s the Offaly first team, reserve team or Offaly senior football team thatā€™s sent out to play them.

2 Likes

Absolutely. I wouldnā€™t say this against any other opposition but i hope cork beat them by 20 next week.

It showed a lot of disrepect for Carlow. Fuel for the fire

1 Like

Thereā€™s Serious hype with Offaly over last few years and lads are falling for it .

They need another few competitive minor teams to really have a stab at a Renaissance. They were awful at minor again this year.

2 Likes

ah a bit but sure at least there something have a bit of hype about

leinster minor hurling, all ireland under 20 football

I like Offaly

1 Like

They are back up senior afaik but itā€™s a football town mainly.

Sure most of the stars are only 18 still. Very few of their underage prodigies were playing today. Astute judge of Joe McDonagh like myself and @Fat_Pox fancied Carlow to win today.

1 Like

That lads a cunt but hes right. The one camera at wexford and westmeath last week spoke volumes. A proper highlights package show of joe mac etc every week would do wonders to promote the game in ā€œweakerā€ counties.

1 Like

No. A proper tiered structure is the way forward. It works in the club game. Its not rocket science.

1 Like

In fairness Offaly had played 9 of the previous 10 weeks and were through. He was right to rest them. Iā€™d have more issues with the negative way Kelly sets up the team.
Big loss for Offaly considering Wexford possibly coming down would have given them more hope of surviving senior for a year or two to develop.

Not having the games on GAAGo and putting them on a different subscription is a joke.

1 Like

For me What Westmeath do at senior in both codes is remarkable

Carlow had better forwards. Thereā€™s plenty of counties in the Liam McCarthy Cup that would have a serious upgrade on their forward line if they were able to trade them for the Carlow 6.

Itā€™s grand saying put these games on GAAgo with proper coverage but no point in losing thousands either at it. A good highlights package is as good as we can hope.

Hurling needs people on the ground coaching it, as a previous poster said Tralee Parnells and Naas are prime examples.

1 Like

Still youā€™d be sour enough if you were abroad and from Kilkenny or Wexford and paid for GAA go

Iā€™d agree on that but how many subs will they pay of Kerry v Down. Be interesting to see if Clubber made much money off it this year.

Clubbers costs would be much lower. I would imagine RTE/GAA Go have to pay union rates for camera men