The Joe McDonagh Cup incorporating Christy Ring, Nicky Rackard and whoever else

The championship is a league.

League basis . League is playing in muck and shit when people should be inside .

Lighten up.

I will but the whole we can’t drop down a level because it’s hurling is nuts .

That said there needs to be more consultation with lower tier counties like Westmeath , Carlow , Antrim , Kildare and Tipperary when putting the structures of these competitions in place .

I think the main issue here is the McDonagh cup is being reduced to 5 times next year. Both counties think it would be more competitive with 6 teams.

I suppose it’s like Limerick in 1B the one time we actually got promoted and they changed the rules to keep us in 1B, I think it was Cork got regelated that year and Frank wasn’t having it

Why is the Joe McDonagh being reduced to 5? Seems to be a bizarre decision.

The same Cork and Frank who were relegated in 2013 and won division 1B in 2014?

Kildare 1-01 Antrim 0-0
4 mins

Kildare 1-3 Antrim 0-7
18 mins

Kildare 1-9 Antrim 3-9
HT

Is Joe MacDonagh final on TV?

Half Time
Carlow 1-12
Westmeath 0-13

Carlow up 2-14 to 0-15

Carlow 2-26 Westmeath 1-24 FT

There was only team in Croke Park bringing home the silverware on Leinster Final day. I believe it’s Limerick next. Pity we have to play our home matches in a hurling wasteland like Carlow Town and not in hurling country like Borris or Bagenalstown.

Will you attend Geoff?

great to see our investment in Carlow hurling paying off

1 Like

A lot will depend on when its scheduled for Mike. I went along today to Croke Park alright. I’d expect a hiding next week. Playing pool has narrowed even further with no input from Carlow Town and Leighlin parish.

1 Like

Launched in Joe’s home patch, Baile an Doirín this eve

I loved the way they launched all these this year, The Lory Meaghar, Christy Ring, McDonagh, Rackard, All launched in the great mens home clubs. A lovely touch.

1 Like