The Joe McDonagh Cup incorporating Christy Ring, Nicky Rackard and whoever else

They shouldn’t be as low as Nicky Rackard for starters anyways, they have generally been competitive in the Christy Ring. Bray won the Leinster Intermediate last year and there would be little enough between themselves and Glenealy. Population would be on the up as with all counties bordering Dublin, so if Kildare can make their recent improvement stick, there is no reason why Wicklow can’t do the same.

A lucky man to be still on the field at that stage. Was getting cleaned up to that but he’s always capable of something out of the ordinary, good or bad.

Agreed but hurling is not as competitive as it once was in the county. Bray & Glenealy are way ahead of Kiltegan and Carnew and then there is a yawning gulf to the rest.

1 Like

Signs of improvement at underage with the likes of Arklow Rocks. I think @gaillimhmick is doing Trojan work in Eire Og Greystones too. Add that to the usual clubs of Carnew, Bray and Glenhealy and it should bring about an improvement. I suppose Carlow’s success at present is mainly built off St. Mullins producing exceptional players for a smallish area and MLR being a very strong hurling club nowadays.

Carnew must be nearly 15 years without winning senior at this stage. They used to have lethal battles with Glenhealy in the 00’s. Fights with hurling matches occasionally breaking out.

St Mullins have always produced high quality hurlers though. 28 Carlow Senior Hurling Championships is testament to that too.

Very poor fare so far here in OMP. Offaly by 5, 0-16 to 0-11

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha!

Great win for Leix. Willie Maher has them purring.

Always great to see the biffs beaten…well done Laois!

Offaly are gonna kill that young Screeney chap if they insist on pucking every ball down on top of him.

Paddy Purcell is the GOAT

Kerry beat Westmeath :eek:

The Joe Mc is box office

https://twitter.com/clubber/status/1782064736734962049?s=46&t=YOfhVM10W0bcyIiYSLI3Wg

Have a guess where the commentators hail from

1 Like

Offaly and Westmeath next weekend will be proper naughty. Losers surely fucked

Kerry beating Westmeath is a massive shock. Even to the Kerry lads I’d say. I was talking to a few of them involved a month ago and they weren’t holding out much hope

Where’s that on?

1 Like

Tis tricky competing in the top league where your entire thing is to try keep the score down, play with sweepers and react to the opposition. Whereas then you come into the Joe Mc and it’s a completely different ball game and you’re expected to drive the game. Seen it with Laois for years.

Kerry was meant to be a gimme this year, seems it might not be.

1 Like

Kerry lost a lot of experience this year. They suffered for it in the league. But it seems a few of the young fellas really stood up today.

Apparently soon to be O’Loughlin Gaels man Mackessey was immense at CB. I wonder will Kilkenny come knocking. He’s not far off that level I would say.

Kilkenny looking for a centre back too