The Killing of Jean McConville - Justified or Not?

He’s here in the corner of this

There are some awful clowns on this forum.

FFS sake.

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 942118, member: 24”]There are some awful clowns on this forum.

FFS sake.[/QUOTE]

and you are ,by some distance, the dumbest one…

Do you follow me around or something?

Here’s my shirt - you can have it if you want it?

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 942125, member: 24”]Do you follow me around or something?
[/QUOTE]

don’t need to pal…its quite obvious you are going around in circles here…

and psychopats

[QUOTE=“Julio Geordio, post: 942099, member: 332”]Thats a photoshop.

The sign actually said restore rule 42 which prohibits the playing of foreign sports in Gaa stadiums.
His view of no soccer in GAA stadiums wouldn’t contradict his wearing of a Celtic jersey.[/QUOTE]
Anybody wearing a Celtic tracksuit and Celtic jersey who doesn’t play professional football for Celtic and is on the team coach to a game or at a training session is unlikely to have formed a coherent sentence in his life never mind engage in politically charged debates about GAA internal policies.

I don’t see how supporting a soccer team but not wanting to see soccer played in Croke Park are irreconcilable positions for someone to hold.

There’s an episode of the Simpson where the audience are going back and forth agreeing and disagreeing and changing their minds constantly with whatever the speakers are saying in some debate. I cant remember exactly which episode(I think Ms Krabople was involved) but anyway, I felt a bit like that going over this thread. Some good impassioned stuff here(some cheap juvenile point scoring too but whaddaya gonna do?)

As regards the poll if Gerry Adams says it was unjustified that’s good enough for me.

Is that the ‘purple monkey dishwasher’ one?

The teachers went on strike.

Bart starts off at the front of the row saying that ‘Skinner said you had no guts’. It is passed from person to person until it gets to the second last one who says to the last one ‘Skinner said you had no guts purple monkey dishwasher’.

I think it was meant to demonstrate the way that a story can pick up legs when passed between so many people.

Basically nothing to do with what has happened in this thread.

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 942159, member: 24”]Is that the ‘purple monkey dishwasher’ one?

The teachers went on strike.

Bart starts off at the front of the row saying that ‘Skinner said you had no guts’. It is passed from person to person until it gets to the second last one who says to the last one ‘Skinner said you had no guts purple monkey dishwasher’.

I think it was meant to demonstrate the way that a story can pick up legs when passed between so many people.

Basically nothing to do with what has happened in this thread.[/QUOTE]
I see you missed the point I was making entirely

Can we now close the poll and declare the killing has been determined to have been unjustified by the best and brightest minds on tfk after rigorous debate. A landslide decision but we won’t get into the politics of triumphalism. We now need to move forward as a forum and not dwell on the past. there are dark forces on here who want to drag us back to page 19.

No.

Listen here, I only played the Orange card to piss Farmer off- You can scratch my vote off the no side and add it to yes- I love Ireland, it’s people and as an active volunteer in Óglaigh na hÉireann I fully support the execution of all touts and collaborators with the British armed forces and colonial police force.

Our day will fucking come!

no poll closes until the brisbane lion, the kerry flyer,the cisco kid , gola and myself vote

We only have to be lucky once. You have to be lucky all the time.

The No side-

[LIST]
[]Appendage - Fat headed cunt
[
]Juhniallio - Cunt
[]The Wild Colonial Bhoy- Top bloke- Only voted no for the craic
[
]Fran - Sound out
[]ChocolateMice- Hero- Only voted no for the craic
[
]artfoley -Uber cunt
[]HBV* - Mutant
[
]Lazarus - A foot in both camps
[]mickee321 - All things to all men
[
]Kid Chocolate -Cunt
[]Kinvara’s Passion- Voted under duress of caffine withdrawls-Sound
[
]Sandymount Red - A bitter bolox but an alright sort---- Kinda.
[]tallback - British Lions No.1 supporter-
[
]Jimmy Mc Nulty - Usually alright sort- This has tarnished his legacy
[]corner back -British Lions No.2 supporter.
[
]Elvis Brandenberg Kremmen- A mad bastard.
[]Blake- Mr. Conservative, longs for Maggie back.
[
]zed - ???
[*]TheUlteriorMotive- I want to like him, i really do…
[/LIST]

The Yes side

The Runt
[LIST]
[]Sidney
[/LIST]
[LIST]
[
]Boxtyeater
[/LIST]
[LIST]
[]Bean
[/LIST]
[LIST]
[
]Special Olympiakos
[/LIST]
[LIST]
[]Rudi
[/LIST]
[LIST]
[
]Anto
[/LIST]
[LIST]
[]chewy louie
[/LIST]
[LIST]
[
]carryharry
[/LIST]
[LIST]
[]the rattler
[/LIST]
[LIST]
[
]TreatyStones
[/LIST]
[LIST]
[]Mark Renton
[/LIST]
[LIST]
[
]whitelight
[/LIST]
[LIST]
[*]Il Bomber Destro
[/LIST]
Most of the allrights sorts of the board

Some of the more militant lads in favour of the execution haven’t voted which I respect them for as they would be more armalite than ballot box. There is great consistency in that. they wouldn’t see the merit in casting a vote and would prefer to call the lads on the No side who are keyholders out of their homes on a Friday night during the Kelly show to check their premises.

Can we take it therefore that the above are Sinn Fein of the board and @Rocko and @Faganodowd are the IRA wing of the movement

I thought that this was a fair enough article …

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/differences-between-charges-over-mcconville-case-and-bloody-sunday-1.1787085

and your view on this bit?

I have never disassociated myself from the IRA and I never will, but I am not uncritical of IRA actions and particularly the terrible injustice inflicted on Mrs McConville and her family. I very much regret what happened to them and their mother and understand the antipathy they feel towards republicans.