The Killing of Jean McConville - Justified or Not?

[QUOTE=“twiceasnice97, post: 942512, member: 1061”]and your view on this bit?

I have never disassociated myself from the IRA and I never will, but I am not uncritical of IRA actions and particularly the terrible injustice inflicted on Mrs McConville and her family. I very much regret what happened to them and their mother and understand the antipathy they feel towards republicans.[/QUOTE]

Were you not on here a couple of days ago saying that the current Sinn Fein leadership are amongest the greatest people this country has ever produced?

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 942042, member: 24”]Comparing the actions of Lenny Murphy who is suspected to have been individually involved in the horrific and sadistic killing of at least 19 people, many for no other reason than their religion with the killing of a suspected informer is a ridiculous comparison.

Also, what is the big problem with the lads in the Celtic jerseys? Who really gives a shit in the overall scheme of things - it is minor. Also it is a sweeping generalisation to say that they are fake republicans. How do you know what all their backgrounds are? It was only a while back you were on here giving out about me making a sweeping generalisation that everything the IRA did was ok (which I didn’t do).[/QUOTE]

so now we are at a suspected informer rather than a definite tout?

the comparison between murphy and the mcconville thugs is not to do with the murder so much as the brutal and inhumane nature of it. The extent of her injuries points to people in the room who revelled in her killing. It was very similar in nature to the killing of tom oliver in louth which was done to hide scapaticci being an informer
This was not a dangerous individual with a history of involvment at high levels who was as hard as nails. live by the sword and die by the sword and so on
this was a middle aged widow with ten children with no more than a peripheral involvement and no access to anything remotely important being battered including bones broken and then shot, buried secretly to keep the heat off the participants ( i imagine because there were too many of them involved at too low a level to ensure secrecy) and her name blackened to further disguise what happened

Gerry Adams disagrees with what was done so i am curious as to what insight the lads on this board have that is superior to Adams which makes them so sure the killing was just.

ffs farmer do you even think for a second before you post.

i praised the sinn fein leadership for the role they played in moving this country from conflict to peace then i posted a section from adams article which states clearly that you and the rest of the barstoolers are absolutely wrong regarding the justification for mcconvilles killing and you seem to be finding some inconsistency in that?

[QUOTE=“twiceasnice97, post: 942522, member: 1061”]ffs farmer do you even think for a second before you post.

i praised the sinn fein leadership for the role they played in moving this country from conflict to peace then i posted a section from adams article which states clearly that you and the rest of the barstoolers are absolutely wrong regarding the justification for mcconvilles killing and you seem to be finding some inconsistency in that?[/QUOTE]

In fairness mate, it is very difficult to know what you are saying even at the best of times.

you are caught by the hole mate (ffs).
you and your equals have been shredded on this topic and Adams comments simply copperfasten the utter childish stupidity of the yes argument.
The best thing for you would be to quietly slip away from the topic and have a serious think about the reality of what happened. There is no hope for the likes of bandage and rocko and so on but lads of moderate intelligence like yourself can sometimes be helped back to an adult approach to these things.

[QUOTE=“twiceasnice97, post: 942512, member: 1061”]and your view on this bit?

I have never disassociated myself from the IRA and I never will, but I am not uncritical of IRA actions and particularly the terrible injustice inflicted on Mrs McConville and her family. I very much regret what happened to them and their mother and understand the antipathy they feel towards republicans.[/QUOTE]

30 years later- different equation altogether-- Why can’t you lot see that things in life are not simply black and white. Things that seemed like the right choice 30 years ago in the middle of all that madness can also be the wrong choice 30 years later. There’s no one here saying it wasn’t unfortunate or expressing sympathy etc etc we are merely stating that we understand why such actions were taken.

[QUOTE=“twiceasnice97, post: 942528, member: 1061”]you are caught by the hole mate (ffs).
you and your equals have been shredded on this topic and Adams comments simply copperfasten the utter childish stupidity of the yes argument.
The best thing for you would be to quietly slip away from the topic and have a serious think about the reality of what happened. There is no hope for the likes of bandage and rocko and so on but lads of moderate intelligence like yourself can sometimes be helped back to an adult approach to these things.[/QUOTE]

Mate,

I didn’t vote yes.

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 942547, member: 24”]Mate,

I didn’t vote yes.[/QUOTE]

are you considering a career in politics ?
you argued yes, but you didn`t vote yes. are you taking advice from the same lads that advised shatter?
you hardly think i bothered my bollix checking who voted yes or no did you

[QUOTE="Mark Renton, post: 942530, member: 1796"we are merely stating that we understand why such actions were taken.[/QUOTE]

How can you? You weren’t there.

How can you? You weren’t there.[/QUOTE]

I have seen combat, pal.

hard to justify it as a Limerick man born in 1985, but war is war unfortunately

I have seen combat, pal.[/QUOTE]

Having your ears boxed off you by the Princess isn’t combat, kid. It’s domestic violence. You shouldn’t stand for that. There are places you can go for help.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/eamon-dunphy-defends-gerry-adams-over-jean-mcconville-murder-by-ira-30339635.html

give him 6 months and he´ll say the total opposite like he always does…

Eamonn Dunphy :clap:

Dunphy tore into John Hume in the past for speaking to the IRA when their campaign was still ongoing.

He is also full or praise for Eoghan Harris apparently.

He is full of shite.

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 958375, member: 24”]Dunphy tore into John Hume in the past for speaking to the IRA when their campaign was still ongoing.

He is also full or praise for Eoghan Harris apparently.

He is full of shite.[/QUOTE]

95% of the time, yes. He is within the 5% here and sticking it to the hypocritical free state quisling bastards like @Bisto[/USER] and [USER=1061]@twiceasnice97

:rolleyes:
With barry egan and eoghan harris. Theyve all jumped the fence baby

How can he reconcile the viewing of Adams and McGuinness as great politicans and peacemakers, with his abuse for John Hume talking to them as leaders of the IRA?

They only had the chance to show their peacemaking abilities because someone decided to talk to them (Hume wasn’t the first either).

Alarm bells are ringing with his support fot Harris as well - he never actually says why.

you really are a simpleton.
just to remind you as you seem to have forgotten.
the argument you are supporting is that the killing was justified because it was a difficult time and she was an informer.
my argument is that she was brutally murdered by a bunch of out of control drunks because she was protestant and her name was blackened to cover up the sectarian nature of the killing for which there was no justification.
This was very important to the IRA at that time to distinguish themselves from the loyalist nutters.

eamon Dunphy is talking about the hypocrisy of irish politicians questioning gerry adams credibility regarding his IRA background as all their own partys were founded out of blood as well