The Kyle wrecks your head thread

@Kyle have a word with our auld pal. He needs to toe the party line

https://twitter.com/gertieluimneach/status/1770436463143817280?t=atCj1wpJo8COC9mjUXf1jg&s=19

I assume thats not Ger Downes the coach?

Ger is a bit of a sensitive fanny

It’s not, no (I know that Ger too actually!). This fella would be NaP, not Knockaderry

1 Like

They used to have a rule that you weren’t eligible for All Star selection if you were sent off during the year.

Pat Fleury, I think it was who was picked on the All Star team, but was sent off in a match just before the banquet and wasn’t allowed attend.

Standards really have fallen a cliff when you see the Limericks indulging in gambling lingo to assess Kyler’s prospects for Hurler of the Year on the very day he’s sentenced for a very serious offence.

Makes more sense now

3 Likes

Hannon is a greatprice at 66s in fairness, looked very sharp on Saturday and he is one of those lads where they will want to give it to him.

1 Like

If Limerick win the all Ireland and he is starting and finishing all the games he’s nominated at a minimum.

They’ll turn into a life time achievement award. Captain of a five in a row he’d have to get it almost.

1 Like

No harm his Mrs is the fastest rising broadcaster in the country as well. The GAA are very shrewd on these things. Ozy got one and it was good for business.

1 Like

Didn’t work out too well for Ozy though

As a man once said he is the bbc.

1 Like

True but hopefully it might yet, after this year mind. What a player.

Fantastic when in the mood

1 Like

Going to be a big night in the seven sisters be great for a few pints

1 Like

Make sure you leave before 11

I won’t talk to any women anyway keep the head down

3 Likes

Pallas is hopping :beer:

1 Like

Hannon is understated as a centre-back but has done pivotal things at vital stages of the biggest games on the biggest stage.

Winning a key ball when we led Kilkenny by a point in the 2018 quarter-final. Cleared his lines, leading to the Gillane free that sealed the game.

His overall performance in the final that year. Chipped in with 2 great scores but, crucially, won the ball and offloaded to Byrnes to set up Mul for the score that lifted the siege and won us the game.

His utter control in the finals of 20 and 21, scoring from distance in both. In 22 KK decided to bombard him from on high early doors. He ate it up with ease and won the free leading to Hego’s rocket to the net.

He does the simple and essential excellently, a bit like Dan Morrissey in that respect. The concern came in last year’s Munster Final when he had a 2 yard start on Mark Rodgers to a ball on the Mackey sideline where he was outpaced, resulting in a Clare score. We haven’t seen him in a true battle since. Please God we will.

3 Likes

Which pub?

In all fairness Mullane was convicted of similar (possibly worse) twenty years ago, got the suspended sentence, went on to win multiple All Stars and is now a bit of a national treasure.

18 Likes