The Lazy Laz and Uncle Esteban 5k challenge

Decathlon is opening, must be why the offers are in Sports Direct

It looks huge from the M50

1 Like

The young fella has to prove to his teacher that he can run one kilometre in six minutes by Sunday so that he can get his grade for PE for the year. I installed a running app on his phone and said that I will run it with him. Say a prayer for me.

4 Likes

Just as well that @Bandage isn’t sending his young lad to school in Poland

Continuous assessment. Every assignment in every subject counts to the end of year score. Thirty degrees here, told him we’d better do it in the evening.

How unfit is he?
The worst of the worst lads in our preseason would be doing the 1k in well under 6 mins

He’s skinny. Should be ok. Age 15. I reckon I’ll hammer him.

2 Likes

I misread your post, I thought you were running it for him :grinning:

I did consider that. Seeing as his mother does half his homework for him I might as well.

1 Like

Lookit I like jokes but this kind of stuff is very unbecoming. It’s like Black Face - socially unacceptable in this day and age.

3 Likes

People can be very cruel with their throwaway comments.

I went to IKEA today. Decathlon is huge (for a sports shop). There was a nice crowd there today. Probably a load of promo stuff. As I was driving away there was a photo shoot outside.

It was very close to the bone.

Look at this “effort” from 2.30pm today.

cc @Mac

2 Likes

Run down a hill

That’s exactly what we agreed

That’s a grand aul walk. You’ll shave a good bit off it when you run

Suunto Ambit 3 down to €169 on SportPursuit if you want a serious piece of kit to leave at home while you run like @flattythehurdler

3 Likes

I had planned a big one this morning but madam woke at 3.30, 5.30, 6.30 and up 7.30 …the good news is I’m not @Bandage I suppose. That poor bastard is about to be rightly stretched… I can see his 5k time slipping north of 35mins…

1 Like

Gait analysis day.

1 Like

Did you get out? I did 7.5km yesterday and 11km on Wednesday and that’s my running for the week unless it’s too wet for the bike tomorrow