The Lazy Laz and Uncle Esteban 5k challenge

It is mate. Rest up and take it easy. You’ve until Sunday night to log it

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

I’ll be cutting it fine myself pal.

1 Like

I’m heading out at 4 with the French lad. If I don’t log in by 7pm, we’re either lost or he murdered me or both

2 Likes

I’m still alive but fuck me, that was tough. More hiking than running but the jog-hike-jog switching dynamics are something I hadn’t done much of in a while. My first proper open mountain jaunt in a long time, taking in parts of the puc fada course.

Started with about 3 km up through MTB trails until we hit mountain. Great craic up there, technical enough, and then back uphill again to the mast. The descent back down was a fucker though. Would have been an easier fire road way of doing it but me man was determined to give some seriously technical MTB trails a rattle going down. I dunno how anyone would cycle down them. Lunatics. All well til a few ankle rolls in final km. Feels fine but also an injury doubt for weekend alongside my comrades @backinatracksuit and @Thomas_Brady

In the end we only covered 9.7km, with about 646m in gain.

Some pics below. My phone is on way out I reckon. The day wasn’t as dark as the pics let on.

8 Likes

Do lots of circles with ankle while resting… Do not leave it get stiff… Also, Balance on one foot, do it when brushing your teeth. Walk around gaff on tippy toes!

Will do. It feels ok at moment actually.

I’ve done this tango before with that particular ankle. Icepack and bottle of Moretti lined up as precaution

OK, tried a short run this morning and the back didn’t seem to bother me, ran much faster than I intended as it seems that the watch was telling me overall pace rather than the current split, back on track I hope

4 Likes

I’m gonna chance a run this evening… I’m more worried about a week’s worth of boozing then the back… Looking to go sub 23 mins

2 Likes

Feeling relatively ok today, ankle a little bit sore but not too bad. I’ve had it balloon before after rolling and twisting it and that hasn’t happened this time. Mrs at work next few days and in laws coming so I’d say whenever my next run is will be my 5km effort. It won’t be pretty

1 Like

@Big_Dan_Campbell - read from the quoted post onwards

Another hill run tonight. I have to agree with @Big_Dan_Campbell at the moment. Enjoying the long runs a lot more than the short fast ones. Looking forward to the August bank holiday now

10 Likes

I never enjoy short runs. If I had the time, I’d love to be out for a couple of hours on the hills every weekend. Yesterday was my first time ‘racing’ 5km

1 Like

I’m going to go tonight if I can scrape enough energy together to out my runners on after work.

Have you split times on that? Be interesting to see how the hill worked into it.

Here you go

1 Like

Not overly happy with this, plenty of excuses but really just didn’t have enough fast stuff done. Stuck with the same route as last time for the sake of consistency but the cross wind was a killer. Should have done better on km 4.

18 Likes

Commiserations, mate.

Is he outside the medals?

Cheers, I’ll give it another shot in a few weeks. I might be better going left handed.