The Lazy Laz and Uncle Esteban 5k challenge

@RaymondCrotty, will you throw up the details of your charity for the donation please. I’m going to go halves with Laura Lynn

3 Likes

I’ll do it anyway if it’s on. Just need to work out a nice track

2 Likes

Fair play Fran :+1:

Have you a route in mind ?

I’m in for the vertical challenge, also hopefully get a 10k time in tomorrow evening

2 Likes

I can do Killiney / Dalkey hill from the gaff, been doing it every couple of weeks for a few months now. Will get 150m handy out of it. I would like to try something different but not a whole lot else that close to me except maybe the Dublin mountains. Don’t know many routes though

1 Like

Instagram tells a different story :popcorn:

A man from the mountains should thrive in this

1 Like

Ha! True. But I didn’t have a watch on or time it on strava so if I can’t post it, it never happened!

You would think that alright

Have you no mates?

Thank you @Fran. That is very much appreciated. Link that cauli posted works well.

1 Like

Leave that open a couple more days, it’ll be Thursday for me.

Cmon lads, let’s get a few quid in this so @RaymondCrotty’d pals in Cambodia can still live under the illusion that we are a daycent crowd of lads

1 Like

@caulifloweredneanderthal
Aborted run this morning. Put me down for above as moving time and elapsed time were the same.

I’m on the easy list for a while till I figure out what’s wrong.

1 Like

I did the run with another person, which is what @mac was alluding to. However I wouldnt be counting it as a run, more of an amble to get moving a bit.

Im out of timed runs until the hurling season is over. Will be back to you in 4 to 8 weeks or so

1 Like

Here’s an example of this in practice. Myself and the bould Xavier were trying a route this morning that takes you from the road to the summit of Slieve Foye in about 3.5/4km. As ye can see by the map, we didn’t make it. We overshot to the right as visibility was incredibly poor (maybe 20 metres ahead max at times) and ended up doing some scrambling before deciding to turn around. Some lovely open mountain running down before we did a loop back out onto the road to the car.

Anyway, my metres climbed are 484 but in the event, I’d lose 50 metres because of my average time, giving me an awarded time of 434 if this was race day. My aim will be 650metres plus for race day but we’ll see.

I also realised when I got back to the car I had ran the whole route with my bank card inside in my shoe :man_shrugging::man_facepalming:

2 Likes

I’d like to log my last run mate. That was 206m
Stopped for photos though.

1 Like

Have extended it BIATS. Many thanks it’s very much appreciated.

Posters have been more than generous presviously so Ratana and all my colleagues are under no illusions.

1 Like

We’ll hit that target anyway hopefully pal :+1:

1 Like