The Lazy Laz and Uncle Esteban 5k challenge

I have a niggle in my knee at the moment, it’s not stopping me from running but I’d worry about going too fast for too long.
I’ve posted official PBs for 10k and 5k so far , I will definitely not do it for the half marathon.
I’ll do a 1:40 or something on Sunday next and see if that’s enough for a podium finish.

Id be pretty confident it will.

1 Like

Lads is there any appetite for this one? Am happy to throw out some suggested guidelines if so! I’ll probably do it myself as I’m trying to get more climbing in this month

@backinatracksuit @locke @Fran @flattythehurdler @pulpfiction @fenwaypark @Thomas_Brady @Wexford1996 @TreatyStones @Big_Dan_Campbell @Gman @alf_stewart @Fat_Pox @RaymondCrotty @Ralphie @mac @spidey @mikehunt etc etc.

1 Like

I’ll report back Wednesday.

1 Like

I’m going back playing a bit of junior football for next few weeks so I think I’m done with road running now until that is over. Great series so far though, nice to have a bit of a target. Well done.

1 Like

This in general is how I feel :grin:

I’ll do it.

1 Like

Brill

Lads, here’s what I’m thinking for vertical challenge:

1. you have to hit a min of 150 metres
  2. spend as long as you want out.
  3. to avoid lads doing long hikes and registering this, there’ll be penalties for going too slow. I suggest that if average pace is at or over 8:00/km, there will be a 50 metres penalty per thirty seconds (e.g. if you clock a 9 minute average, you lose 100 metres)
  4. winner is person with highest metres climbed

Willing to take suggestions to edit

I’d also suggest anyone going to mountains takes a phone and water. A running partner / pacer is also useful. I’ll try and rope in Xavier

1 Like

Someone suggest a place near Dublin city for doing this please. The Old Military Road?

That or Cruagh road.

I’ll go up Croghan again to give it a shot. I just need to aim for below 8 min km’s basically?

For your average. It doesn’t matter if it takes you ten mins a km going up if you balance it out with sub 6s going down.

You’re 2-1 up on me in this series with two to go. I have to bate you on this round. You bollix.

1 Like

This is too convoluted for me. @caulifloweredneanderthal is gone all Radiohead after OK Computer.

1 Like

Are you on for running up hills or not mate? Simple as

Ditto

Haven’t ran since I did the 5k in July. Definitely won’t get out for this one, will only be looking to get back into handy running distances again sometime soon.

No bother. Next 5km is start of September

1 Like

Up Kilmashogue Lane and over to the mast would be another option. Think it’s about 5K in total and you’d have 300m plus of climbing. All either road or gravel so not technical. Came down that way this morning.

1 Like

In

1 Like