The Lazy Laz and Uncle Esteban 5k challenge

I haven’t done a tap since May. Can you fix a 6 week challenge or something?

@lazarus by the end of November you will run 5km without stopping once.

Your training starts now.

2 Likes

Are you on Strava, follow or be followed by a few TFKers to get you out, a bit of accountability and encouragement, I’ve had a few random follows from lads here in recent weeks, I’m burnt out from trying to impress them

3 Likes

Agreed

Was on it and will be again. I miss my Strava E buddys. Now we have the challenge set nothing can stop us :fist:

@Lazarus

I’m at a low base. It might be discouraging if either of us were to keep up with the moses kiptanuis on here.

I’ll do a six week programme with you

1 Like

Lets do it pal. Even though I am at the acceptance stage of my Covid grief process I still reserve the right to lash out and educate you otherwise on the other threads. #inthistogether

I’m not a holder of grudges, I haven’t the longevity for it.

You plan it and I’ll run.

I’ll do a reccie on Wednesday to find a 5km route and if I can actually run for 5km

1 Like

Have you Strava? Get that, it’s free and it’s great and the more experienced lads are actually fantastic at keeping you motivated. I have a few loose ends to tie up tomorrow and will be starting my training in earnest wednesday. I might just have a gentle run up and down the prom and see what way I am then. No use sitting on your hole for 6 weeks. My personal goal is to get inside 30 minutes without stopping by Nov 30. My current record is around 33 minutes

I’ve never run outside of organised training sessions. Do you need a watch or some other contraption along with the app?

Nope, I just shove my phone down next to my sweaty ballsack when I’m out and take it out at the end of the run and hope for the best

My phone isn’t waterproof.
I’ll wrap it in an aul zip lock and do the same.

God speed.

1 Like

Can one of my folowers here send me on @Lazarus strava, I’ll follow

and @EstebanSexface when you sign up to strava I’ll send you on my deets

1 Like

Good stuff lads. I need to get back at it too. Now that Gaa is cancelled I need to keep up some semblance of fitness. Did my first timed run since the July challenge. Way off that time, but wasn’t really racing for it either. Fair sore after, just showed me I need to keep at it regularly. Glad to get out though.

2 Likes

Wait till you see Captain Kirk running rings around you later tonight!

1 Like

@caulifloweredneanderthal, you have me slightly hooked on trail running. Makes road running seem so boring.

1 Like

I can’t stop thinking of you (all) when I’m out running.

3 Likes

Now you’re talking baby.

I’m discovering new trails and bits of mountains every week

@Gman :man_shrugging:

@Bandage
Your time is now.

You v @Lazarus v @EstebanSexface in a virtual park run.

@Copper_pipe running the book on it

Esteban would walk that ffs sake. He’ll have to carry 16lb minimum