The Left has won! We're officially living in a WOKE Utopia (Sponsored by Bud Light)

Unfortunately likewise here boy

4 Likes

I was lucky enough I had a job on a McInerney site in Harrow so I didn’t have to go to the hiring fair at Cricklewood. But a lot of the lads working with subbies did.

1 Like

100 percent,it’s shameful,
I’m glad my eldest boys a decent subbie,same Derry crew,plus a Latvian man and a Mayo man for years,
Hes still on the tips himself and treats hos fellow man decently

1 Like

I soon copped on when I came home,feck that

You were on some number- constructing away at london during the daytime and then blowing the shit out of it by night

5 Likes

Have you ever read the book of short stories called ‘Dark lies the island’ by Kevin Barry

There’s a story called ‘the mainland campaign’ that I think you’d love

1 Like

Incorrect.

I mentioned it before but I read a great book once called Leaving Ardglass,it’s about a young lad who goes to London in the 60s to his older brother who’s a big subbie over there.Its fiction but I could relate to everyone in the book. @Corksfinedtboy @Fagan_ODowd @anon67715551 would recognise most of the characters in it.

3 Likes

Would you believe I re-read it around the Christmas time, I must have it 20 years. It’s a very accurate tale of the era, the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, lorries coming onto sites 3 or 4 time with the one load of sand, crooked hoors round every corner and the inevitable fatal accident on the site.
A great, poignant read.

3 Likes

I hated it so much, once when OTW to Romania approx 30 of us from Derry missed our flight as we were held up by cops etc before we even left Belfast.
Anyways waylaid in Heathrow for 16 plus hour’s,I chose to stay in the airport rather than travel in to London for the duration,
Allergic to London
And tbh wt didn’t see any of it bar sites,pubs,tubes and buses

No I never heard of it TBH

I’ll try and source it on Kindle, thanks.

Not at all :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Tom Barry way

One of my favourite parts was when the Sheepstealer who had his few acres bought at home busted the ganger over the head with his navvy shovel

1 Like

This will drive a few lads demented

2 Likes

Musk comes across mostly very well there, I’ve never seen him interviewed before, good sense of humour, the interviewer seems like an awful prick, real face you’d like to slap.
Audience like giggling children, would remind you of when a proper superstar would turn up for the late late show and they’d be erupting with laughter at the inane gags

Nassau County Street. Although I presume that’s the same cunt the street is named after, and the capital of the Bahamas

My old man worked as a truck driver for a brewery over in London and then did plumbing nixers after he finished up in the early afternoon. Stayed away from the Irish lads when it came to getting work. Not sure was it him I heard it from but the Irish employers/bosses were supposed to be awful pricks over there.

2 Likes