The Let Kev at your Back thread

your what, mate?

1 Like

Howd you hurt it?

Had started a bit of running after a few weeks off from it. Only thing I can think of. Was a gradual onset, sore Sat, barely able to walk on the Monday.

You should buy a pair of slip ons and see how that goes for a while.

2 Likes

Can you stretch and foam roll it? Physio would be a better option than just leaving it be. Could be a manifestation of stress if your head is melted lately

I’ve been stretching the mahstrings cc @anon78624367 . Lying flat on the gorund and lifting the legs with the aid of a hoist. That could be causing the tightness of the hammies now u mention it.

You never mentioned how your back is at the moment?

Just stiff in the mornings and is grand after a while.

Hamstring issue

Soft townie cunt in weak back from lack of hard graft in teens shocker

8 Likes

Harsh but fair.

1 Like

If the great man was still posting here you’d get a 2 word solution.

Get moving

3 Likes

Cough myshall cough cough

You’re a twisted bastard

100% it’s your glutes

Sounds to me like a bit of backwards walking is the solution here

Switch from the regular bar to the trap bar when deadlifting. It’s made me a new man.

@Horsebox. If I have a bulging disc, what should I be doing? Thanks.

Fairly broad question there, mate but first thing to do is get an MRI to see is it actually a bulging disc and how severe it is. I had one in my lower back for about 5 years confirmed but probably 7 really as it was sore for a long time before I got the scan. Most of the time I could manage grand with swimming, lots of stretching and foam rolling and cycling although it turns out the cycling could have being doing more damage than good.

If it’s your lower back get one of the microwavable heat packs in the chemist and put that under your buttock and then on your front beside your hip every night for 10 or 15 minutes on the side that is giving you the problem. This is to keep the erector and flexor muscles loose.

When it got bad for me I went to an Osteopath in Blackrock (I’ll PM you his name if you want) and a couple of sessions with him would get back loose again and I tried to go for a service with him every few months to keep ticking over.

But honestly if it has having a seriously adverse impact on your quality of life I would recommend surgery. I had it done in the Mater private nearly 2 years ago and it’s the best decision I ever made (decision wasn’t actually made by me as it had gotten so bad there was a danger of being paralysed - look up Cauda Equina, that was where I was at). If you have decent health cover it will only cost you about €1k in total with some fees and hundreds on medication. Cost of the surgery is nearly €9k and as long as it isn’t a pre-existing condition you’re covered. I’ll PM you the surgeon’s details if it gets to that stage.

1 Like