The Let Kev at your Back thread

when you are doing the plank it is very important to clench your arse checks as hard as you can

The plank on the park bench?

In my own head I want to continue playing junior hurling til Iā€™m 40 but my left ankle may have other ideas. Had another slight sprain of it about 2 months ago and now have a daily intermittent popping sensation in the ligament above my ankle on the outside of my lower leg but no pain or imflammation. There is also a clicking sound if I rotate my ankle anti clockwise.

Last match of the season next week then a MRI

1 Like

Go see Paddy Leahy in laser centre. Takes 3 months for an appointment. He will sort you.

2 Likes

Do you tape it up?

For the last 10 years or so. If I donā€™t tape i will roll my ankle more often than not.

1 Like

This might be part of your issue. I had similar issues for years. Would rolll the ankle if I didnā€™t have any support etc. Then I started doing mobility work and strengthening exercises on my hips, glutes, back a few years ago and the ankle issues seemed to clear up. Havenā€™t wore strapping or support in a few years. Either that or Iā€™ve gotten so slow I canā€™t roll it!

1 Like

I think that is the next step alright. Doctor wants MRI to assess state of ligaments. Itā€™s a strange one as there is clicking and popping in the ankle but no pain or inflammation so most likely just a heap of scar tissue and wear and tear.

Most likely a strengthening programme would be the next step

Mine still clicks every now and then. Nowhere near as much as it used to. Although with winter now , itā€™ll get stiff and click a lot more.

Yeah just wondering, mine were the same, the taping was the only thing that kept me going for the last few years while I was paying.

Every time I go at the garden shredder and compost heap it starts up.

Iā€™m stuck inside in the scratcher. Too bad to travel out to Bad-Back-Joe. Whatā€™s his opening hours at the moment if I get a bit of movement back?

Laser Centre. Medical Clinic

1 Like

@fenwaypark

He does full body laser therapy now.

Sorts out everything

1 Like

@danoneill

Im booked in.

1 Like

me too, what a great service
he seems to be a very interesting and sound character when you chat too him, played spud hockey for Galway

2 Likes

he is a gent, bringing up his grandson aswell. He treats everyone the same, whether you are an elite athlete or a regular joe soap.

2 Likes

What are ye booked in for?
I hope itā€™s not the Brain Regenerationā€¦

everything mate

Help plsā€¦.

Tight hamstrings ( especially up high )
Tender also down midway on outer muscle.

Muscles upper back / lower neck very tight.

Slight discomfort down lower back also.

Is above all related to neck, the back or the Hamstrings? Cause I mean