The Let Kev at your Back thread

Do many people here floss their teeth?

Dentist told me that itā€™s as important as brushing. Have only been doing it the last few months

great post mate

to answer your question, no i donā€™t floss

I just showed this thread to the mrs and the three things she commented on, some of the lads here must be using shit practices or something because if your in pain your dentist will almost always see you and if you have a dental emergency out of hours you can go to A and E and she did suggest that the anesthetic the runt would be getting would be more of a belt of a hammer than an injection

Look who has come crawling back.

After 1991, I didnā€™t go again until 2004. Then it was 2008 when I went again. Both of those times were necessities. When I went the first time in 2008 I was told I needed 8 fillings and a root canal. I got five and the root canal done over about three visits.

Someody said above they didnā€™t get crown after their root canal. I was also advised to get it but didnā€™t. Itā€™s holding up OK so far.

exsqueeze me, baking powder?

He was actually doing it without anesthetic.
But then half way through he he changed his mind and gave me some, apparently he thought the tooth was stone dead and I wouldnā€™t feel anything. Turns out it wasnā€™t fully dead and I did feel it.

Thats lovely that you like to share everything with your misses Turfcutterā€¦ but what may I ask does she know about the subject at hand??

ā€œOnly floss the teeth you want to saveā€ is the dentistā€™s saying.

I generally donā€™t floss unless I get a bit of bacon stuck up the back somewhere.

You over that cold now buddy?

getting better day by dayā€¦might get out of bed tomorrow all going well

Good stuff.

:clap:

:pint:

well the fact that she is a dentist might help

:rolleyes:

a fucking horse dentist

excellent point admin.
before my root canal visit in jan 2010 i hadnt been at a denstist since 1999 when i started second year in college.
i dont know why i didnt go for the check up, there was a lad in the gaff i lived with for the first few years of working who swore by the 6 month visit and the clean.
i was of the opinion that like a doctor you only go when your sick.
anyway , as of my enforced visit in jan this year, i ended with a root canal and 5 fillings that i never knew i needed but i suppose they would have went the same route as the root canal tooth in the finish.
she also told me i had two wisdom teeth that i need out and scheduled me to go to a hospital to get it doneā€¦
i still havent goneā€¦ BUT apparently when the wisdom teeth go bad, its badā€¦

some money in this dentistry gig tho

:lol: :lol: :lol:

There used to be serious money in that !!!

your Mrs. seems like a complete heifer to meā€¦

:lol:

just had the blood pressure measured there in work.
reading was 160/93 which is a bit high apparently
now this was after a weekend of a fair amount of booze so im putting it down to this as im by no means overweight and i do a lot of core work most evenings.
anyone else understand these figures or any advice / speculation from the forum?