The Let Kev at your Back thread

Sciatica is a made up condition

Tis great for the auld disability payment.

If you are stable first

Its not.

But its far easier to fix than physios want you to believe.

This guy knows his shit on a number of subjects. But this is a good intervention here.

https://youtu.be/9SKuFe2SERs

2 Likes

I disagree. I had savage back problems in my early 30s. I was listening to all sorts of shite from “experts”. I was convinced I was fucked. I spent 16k looking for answers. It was all in the head. A simple programme of strength and fitness will sort out any back issues. Now I run 20 marathons a year on average

2 Likes

A couple of ultra marathons too as well mate?

Thats you and its a bit of survivorship bias and confirmation bias. But you are also confirming what i am saying- strength is key

Not same for everyone.

However you are not far off either. 8/10 people who come into me with pains and sore backs etc just need exercise. 2/10 need soecific work. But majority just need to stop being lazy.

However those pains are real. So there is a need for interventions too.

What you met was the fraud that is physio

2 Likes

I’m self employed mate, I wouldn’t know a thing about benefits

1 Like

Mine came on when my workload increased and I was soending 12-16 hours a day working coupled with 1-2 100km commutes up and down a week. Of course I was doing less training cos I’d fuck all time, and when I was training it wasn’t smart. It was running and cycling and fuckall strength work

Had my annual health check today mate. Doctor was oozing about the benefits of swimming and using muscles you do that use. Ties back to what you are saying there

3 Likes

Dan O Neill was found to be interfering with horses

Delighted to hear it mate. Feel free to use the pool in portmarnock anytime. Sure you come over here to play your football anyway so you know where you’re going.

Jealousy is a terrible thing you sick fuck.

Will do bro

This is no laughing matter mate. The horsey set are fucking deviants. DON is a a ringleader.

My physiotherapist basically told me to do what this guy says in the video, including the bit about stopping back stretches. Maybe they’re not all clueless.

1 Like

Movement as medicine pal. Movement. As. Medicine.

Did he say the arm bands helped or hindered.

I’m the best swimmer on the forum mate

Excluding @Horsebox obviously

True but he has the face of a dolphin