The Let Kev at your Back thread

Tà. Looks like I’ll be flexing out in my b and b in Cork for most of the day. Any good pubs in Cork for watching the racing lads? Cc @gilgamboa @backinatracksuit @caoimhaoin

Thousands of them, pal. Whereabouts are you?

Have you had some change in daily lifting recently? Climbing a lot more stairs? Bit of rest will see you right — could even be from all the driving and poor alignment, mate…

He’s fucked after climbing up the Fastnet lighthouse with the Mars bars.

3 Likes

Double Deckers offering 33% extra for free…

Depends where you are

Driving into Cork from west Cork. Tivoli/sliver springs area would be good. Would like a bookie nearby.

Hennessys aka fob and gill on the old youghal rd sounds perfect for your needs. Ladbrokes right next to it. Traditional north side bar

1 Like

Drinking and gambling. No wonder you’re falling apart.

1 Like

Drinking and gambling in Cork.

Not really. Working hard at the moment and it’s physical but it was absolutely ok last night. Did some yoga and had a swim. Watched Chelsea then went to bed. There’s no damage to the knee joint itself. It’s all around and under the kneecap.

More stretching when driving maybe.

Not yet I’m not. But if you need ice a boozer is the best place to go.

I’d say it’s gout

Not a hope. Mrs J has us on a savage healthy diet. I’d be freaked if I got gout without all the high living.

The High living thing is a myth

1 Like

Get well soon, mate.

Stretching is hardly ever the answer and usually long terms makes things worse

1 Like

I certainly never claimed it was the long term answer - but i certainly dont think a little stretch when driving long hours will kill him.

What muscles though?

Possibly Hip Flexor but more activation and mobilizations

Traditional lengthening of muscles gives only temporary release and a false sense of intervention

Rocking half-Kneeling Hip Flexor mocements might help.

But Deadbug Bridges and Bird Dogs help more on a consistent basis.

Most Muscles should be like bungies not long stringy things that static stretching causes over time.

And then there is the complexity of tonic and phasic muscles

3 Likes