The Let Kev at your Back thread

Cheers - Iā€™ll see how it develops and I may be on to you.

1 Like

If @ChocolateMice got up off his arse and got a job his back may not be as weak as it is. Waster.

1 Like

I largely agree with this @farmerinthecity

Obviously if itā€™s really restricted then rest and an intervention is the answer initially.

Avoid pain killers if at all possible.

However I would try some hill walking and see what effect that has if she is not crippled.

It might be just a warning shot.

The doctor is talking thru his ass really.

But ass suggested. Lifestyle would probably have to change and some strength training needed.

Has she had a child?

1 Like

Yeah ā€“ anti inflams are quite different to pain killersā€¦

Bit of heat and ice also ā€“ heat especially to loosen out. All depends how bad she is really @farmerinthecity.

Not that I know of!

4 Likes

She is in bad pain and is very restricted in terms of movement, particular standing up straight and climbing the stairs.

Ok. Itā€™s most likely years of office work and driving so.

Some professionals may use the whole dramatic effect and a bit if fear mongering. But in my experience people coming from that background are reasonably low hanging fruit in terms of getting right. 9/10 I would say.

Does she exercise?
Has she a history of sport?

Acupuncture would be my port of call in that case.

The message going from back to brain and visa versa is ā€œstop whatever the fuck you are doingā€ and is in protectionism mode. Acupuncture realigns the nervous system.

I work with one of the best in Ireland here. If you want a Dublin recommendation I can get you one.

2 Likes

Ok ā€” Hot water bottle under back - or a heat patch you can get in chemistā€¦ Short term solutions obviouslyā€¦ I wouldnt mind the pain killers initially but not more than a couple of days. Again, if sheā€™s in agony hard to deny yourself relief thoā€¦ Iā€™d get on the physio sooner rather than later kid. The problem could be a number of things and the back might just be the symptom. Simple bit of manipulation / massage etc might get her semi functional quicker than lying there. I know a great physical therapist in Cork if you want to lay her out on the back seat of the car and spin down.

Office work - yes.
Driving - no.
Exercise - yes, gym.
Sports - no,

She needs to move around a bit.

Ok

Gym, if you know.

Is it a few classes and a bit of treadmill/criss trainer kinda lark?

Or something more structured

According to ads for Voltorol, voltorol is excellent for relieving back pain

2 Likes

Carrying a 6ft 7ā€™ā€™ Leitrim man over the threshold was surely the catalyst here.

3 Likes

everything that is wrong with modern oireland summed up in a few short words

3 Likes

No. There is a personal trainer doing weights and stuff.

She has been at it for a while now although I would imagine that would be the suspected culprit for the issue yesterday.

As in he may have pushed her too hard or technique was not right or something?

Probably.

It was a lady trainer actually.

There you go.

1 Like

Ok.
Thatā€™s may be the case, but its just something g bringing the rest of the lifestyle to the forefront.

See how yer wan reacts to this. If she is looking for a solution and not being defensive then she maybe worth holding onto.
If dismissive she doesnā€™t give a fuck and your missus is a number
If she doesnā€™t have a solution she is not educated enough.

But it may be unfair to blame her.

Sitting for 6-10 hours a day for years does alot of damage. Training often highlights this.

1 Like