The Let Kev at your Back thread

Some worse than others.

Thought I was having a heart pains a few years back. Into the Blackrock clinic for the day.,.€500 later found out I had a pulled muscle by sticking my arms out and falling towards the wall…Least I got a fiddle around the prostrate and learned recreational drugs was no concern to them…

1 Like

https://youtu.be/ExFzjIRtDho

Do theses daily and the back pain will be a thing of the past

Cheers. Whatever it takes

Go easy on the stretching! Walk like fuck.barefoot on damp grass will do wonders

1 Like

You sound ideal for a few medical professional to rob blind for a while.

No doubt surgery will be suggested at some point.

I don’t even have a Dr Kev. MOT was a years ago, certainly won’t be getting knifed unless totally necessary.

I just think an MOT isn’t a bad thing. Two lads I worked with 50 somethings, found out they’d cancer, one liver, one prostrate from yearly check ups. Both fine now, made me think.

I didnt realise 50-65 was the dodgy years for blokes. Maybe 65 onwards but Jaysus 50!! …scary…

Well ya if you get thru that you are generally healthy. But stresses generally reduce too. I those ages people are often worried about wealth, kids issues more a factor, your own mortality etc. Stress is the real killer, in fact any inflammation.
Learning how to counteract inflammation of the brain, gut and muscle tissues really is the key to health. Avoid inflammation as best as ypu can obviously. But then have strategies to counter act any inflammation

Massive correlation between strength and many life long factors.
Mortality
Disease avoidance
Sex life.

Everything enhanced by strength

1 Like

Too much sitting down, happens us all. Get walking.

2 Likes

Strength training and walking (with some hills) = key to life

1 Like

Walk backwards for a few minutes a few of times a day, walk sideways with large steps, do in the pool for better results,

I had the same issue recently @anon98850436, I was bent over and it was agony getting in and out of bed or the car, gave 240 Euro in total to a physio who had me in traction and on electric impulses, felt it was a waste of time,
Rest and a few basic exercises, look for a back pain yoga class or research a few appropriate yoga balances

But seriously, find a long stretch somewhere quiet and try the backwards and sideways walking

That fixed your back?

It would have gotten better anyway but of all the things that were done to me or that were suggested for me to do I felt it was the most beneficial in straightening me up,
Just a suggestion

1 Like

The lower back is a curse on mankind.

Im going to start walking around the office here backwards and sideways. Ill let you know how I get on although. Id say the rest of the office will probably think Im pissed.

2 Likes

Stretching is mist often a disaster and solves nothing. Short term release.

If you don’t decompress and then strength you are at nothing. Hanging and letting your vertebrae move back to the heir more natural position is a start.

Contralateral exercises like Deadbug and bird dogs help alot. But general Trunk stability is key.

Yoga can be and disaster too. Can be good but has to be a really good instructor who understands back health and strength.

1 Like

No sitting and being lazy cunts is the curse

Nobody will bat an eyelid so

My yoga guy teaches the teachers, an Indian chap, fuck all personality but I’d say he knows his shit inside out, I really need to go back actually, it’s been a few weeks

Partially true, but it’s badly designed. Muscles are too small for it’s purpose.

1 Like