The Let Kev at your Back thread

Reformer Pilates. Game changer for backs.

Also google thoracic mobility prehab guys and lots of exercises.

Nope. Completely incorrect.

Perfect evolved.

We are useless cunts

:smile: exactly the response I expected.

Again mobility training is a help, but only partial intervention.

Well weā€™ll see who people listen to.

The lazy Garda or the fella getting people back healthy with years

Is there any of lifeā€™s problems that S&C canā€™t solve? It was solving autism last week, and this stuff this week.

cc @Gman

1 Like

What are you dragging @Breaking_my_balls into this?

Canā€™t solve stupidity and ignorance.

Who is trying to solve autism???

I try to support people with autism and make their lives easier. Not sure anyone said they can solve it.

But yes. S&C Coaches are absolutely having the best success in solving back issues.

1 Like

You posted it last week. S&C solves Autism and other learning difficulties

Show me that will ya.

You are full of shit

Back pain is best sorted by regular correct deadlifting.
That is all

1 Like

Fuck that shit

1 Like

Hinging in general.

Good Mornings helpful too.

Itā€™s no brainer stuff really

Add 4-5 healthy years to your life if you can get up to a double Bodyweight Deadlift.

It doesnā€™t need to be anywhere near that heavy. Technique is all.

Itā€™s not about the actual final load.

Itā€™s about the process of getting there.

But the load is important too. Lifting above 80% capacity is very healthy. (And we do not have to actually lift double. Lifting your 3-5 max is safer and we can work out thru formula from there

Itā€™s like the studies that show grip strength is an I dictator of longer life. One could sit at a desk with a squishy ball and get a better grip. But the reason most of the people in the research had a strong grip was from years of small developments .

Same concept.

From scratch should take at least 6 months to reach double, and anything up to 3 years. Time not important

:ronnyroar:

1 Like

Just out of a meeting, I mentioned being in a bit of pain and may walk backwards and sideways around the office, got a few strange looks. The FD says I should do exercises on the floor which will help with my back. She didnā€™t mention if she would be involved but just in case I said I would do them at homeā€¦Id end up in trouble otherwiseā€¦

Iā€™m at a business lunch today which will involve plenty of wine so the sideways walking or ending up on my back may happen anyway.

1 Like

Floor exercises are definitely the start.

I know a few excellent strength coaches in Dublin if you need a contact

maybe you should stop chasing cows around a field mate?